Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RGB photos - 56k no no

try these andy
    one is 16million colours one is 256

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

cool will test .

rob the 16 came up with an error but the 256 worked?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

couldnt remember which worked hence the 2
    let me see a pic

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

haha just doing one now
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

cant work out whats wrong?

alignment is probably 99% on, tried tweaking the colour balance but not making massive difference.

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

your white rob

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You will never get an RGB match the range of a mixed gas - I will take a pic later of the same frame on my RGB and see how it compares. I dont think it hleps the fact that your blue is only 100mW If i remember right The others are way to big to get balance and in a frame like that the red n green will take over. Try backing R&G off to see what its like at a balanced mix.

Rob

at the mo red is 200mw blue is 100mw and green is 500mw

ive turned the green down to like 40%
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

If you look at the image there is little in the way of transition between red green and blue. Its that fading that gives us the palette of colours (as well as the raw colour of course). You can see some transition form red to green in the orange but look at where the blue ends and the red starts there is just a cut off or at least the overlap takes in several fingers that all look pretty much alike then it stops. How linear does the analogue modulation seem on each laser. What I mean is how much power do you get at differnt levels and if you were to plot a graph would it be a straight line. You dont need to do all this just an idea at 20 40 60 80 and 100% would be good. If DAC is outputting expecting a linear function - which it will - and the laser isnt reacting in a linear fashion - which most wont then you will not get a good range. You can however tweak the laser circuitry to gat a better range. Also some software beginning with P has control that allows you to set up a whole range of colours. By adjusting the levels of the 3 lasers to match the colours on screen over a wide analogue range you can set up a pallete that will match the performance of your laser. Works a treat but not all software is the same

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    If you look at the image there is little in the way of transition between red green and blue. Its that fading that gives us the palette of colours (as well as the raw colour of course). You can see some transition form red to green in the orange but look at where the blue ends and the red starts there is just a cut off or at least the overlap takes in several fingers that all look pretty much alike then it stops. How linear does the analogue modulation seem on each laser. What I mean is how much power do you get at differnt levels and if you were to plot a graph would it be a straight line. You dont need to do all this just an idea at 20 40 60 80 and 100% would be good. If DAC is outputting expecting a linear function - which it will - and the laser isnt reacting in a linear fashion - which most wont then you will not get a good range. You can however tweak the laser circuitry to gat a better range. Also some software beginning with P has control that allows you to set up a whole range of colours. By adjusting the levels of the 3 lasers to match the colours on screen over a wide analogue range you can set up a pallete that will match the performance of your laser. Works a treat but not all software is the same

Rob

pfffffffffffffff

i hear what your saying, ive got 2x lasever modules and my reds are running on doe4laser drivers.

its strange cos i can get pretty much a perfect colour match including a good white. but when i display that image i dont get a good colour match?

i can get a good orange and yellow using other files
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat