Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old HeNe

Andy, it was the one shooting across the floor at about 6" high for most of the meet. It's only putting out 21mW but it's gorgeous. The only downside is the step down transformer... It weighs a frikkin ton (ask Pit8ull as he carted it up the stairs!!).

There's just something about the old gas lasers that can't be beaten, it'll be a shame when they all pack in one day

I'd like to get hold of a nice gas whitelight that's single phase and air cooled (as i'm sure everyone else would)

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

yeah i remember it then

we need to set a date for UKLM3???

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Wrong one Andy
    Thats the ALC60 that Smog bought of p1t8ull
    Jems is a little smaller than Simons - fnnarr

Jem as for whitelight - I know its not air cooled but there is a SP Spinnaker 1W on the bay at the moment I think they are singel phase....check it out....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spectra-Physic...QQcmdZViewItem

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

ah i see, maybe i didnt see it then.

wow that looks awesome, wish i had a spear 1k
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default argon

was that the one that was new old stock that came off ebay at a silly cheap price i was gutted watched it went to work fogot to bid on it