Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old HeNe

Default old HeNe

I dug this old hene up out of the garage. I'm surprised the stinkin thing still works! Its probably older than me! Anyway, thought yall would like some pics, I know these aint as exciting as andy_con's recent pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hene1.JPG  

hene2.JPG  

hene3.JPG  

hene4.JPG  

hene5.JPG  

Thumbs up

That thing looks worthy of a set of g124s, some manual flag blanking...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Ahhhh...

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the old HeNe's. I have a JDSU 1125 that I used for holography before I got my C315m, it's only 7mW but the beam profile is beautiful. I now expand the beam and use it as a safelight when i'm developing 532nm sensitive plates

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

DZ those pics are well worth seeing and just as relevant as Andys sexy colours. Hene lasers are gorgeous - certainly my favorite laser type and for many of us were our first laser. I, like Jem have JDS 1125 henes (2 of them) and they get regular use - though not for anything as ingenious as Jems safelight!
    Thanks for sharing - I love seeing pix of any kit like this - Mega!

Rob

PS you should see Jems shed heater....its my second favorite type of laser
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    PS you should see Jems shed heater....its my second favorite type of laser

I guess it's got to be the most inefficient heater in the world... but it sure is beautiful

Should I tell or keep everyone guessing?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cool

Gotta be an air-cooled argon, Jem...

I used to have three little 110V argons. Running all three would heat up the room pretty darn quick. (You figure the PSU is drawing 1500 watts from the wall, and you're only getting 30 mw of output, so the other 1499.97 watts of power is converted to HEAT! Now multiply by 3!)

I'm down to only 1 working small argon now. Flecom has the second one , and I've got a third unit that has a pair of power supplies that don't work. (Each one has a different problem, and I haven't had time to track down the faults.)

Besides, I've got an even larger space heater now... My modified HGM5 with the 903 tube is one *hell* of a heater. The thing blasts out 150 degree air at a frightening pace. I've only ever run it in my living room so far, and only for about an hour or so maximum, but *man* does that thing generate heat.

Still, it's a beautiful beam. (And a beam that melts things too!)

Adam

hehehe Adam you got it - what better way to heat a room than with a coherent light source. Imagine going to the hardware store and being able to buy a fan heater with a "frikin' laaazer beam' how good would that be!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

loving them pics, awesome.

next meet we get to see jems shed heater
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Did you miss it - it was there in Feb and I had mine there in August!

Rob

oh yes then i may have seen it?!
    was it behind him on the table?

im so looking forward to seeing the white again, sadly im struggling to get a full colour circle looking as good as yours
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat