Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chemistry lesson - Stink Bombs !

Well, after one day a whole lot of nothing has happened. The mixture does smell strongly, but only of ammonia. To test if any sulfide had formed I withdrew a small volume from the reaction vessel and acidified it with hydrochloric acid. There was a hint of a foul smell, but I cannot say if it came from the experiment or my own fart. Bad timing.

Anyway, I would have expected the mixture to have taken on a orange-red tone by now if anything had happened, but it looks just as yellow as it did last night. Sorry to say, but so far it seems there's little truth to this, as I suspected. I will still leave it for a full week though.

sorry but I had to find a thread to put this picture in

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    There was a hint of a foul smell, but I cannot say if it came from the experiment or my own fart. Bad timing.
    ROFL

Anyway, I would have expected the mixture to have taken on a orange-red tone by now if anything had happened, but it looks just as yellow as it did last night. Sorry to say, but so far it seems there's little truth to this, as I suspected. I will still leave it for a full week though.
    I'll look forward to the results

I still can't stop laughing about your coments above, that'll amuse me all morning. Just what I needed, a right good laugh !

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001