Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aussie Floyd - Brilliant....

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hmmm... Sore point!

Not going now as nobody else seemed interested and I didn't fancy going on my own

Ah well, perhaps next time.

Jem
    Hey Jem
    you could hook up with my son , hes going!
    personally I'd go by my self ...as Rob said they are brilliant, their versions of some of the songs are so close, yet different (if that makes sense!!!) you'd swear it was the GUYS themselves playin!
    It was great to see the rgb fire up ...excellent show.
    kev
    Move toward the light!

Six weeks ago there were zero lasers used by Aussies in Poland. Great show, magnificent music, not a single laser beam.
    Also, by the end of the performance they used a mirror ball and spot lights to create effect known from Floyd's Earl's Court Pulse show, but unfortunately all the light grain terminated on the scene, while auditiorium reamained dark .

Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post
    Hey Jem
    you could hook up with my son , hes going!
    personally I'd go by my self ...as Rob said they are brilliant, their versions of some of the songs are so close, yet different (if that makes sense!!!) you'd swear it was the GUYS themselves playin!
    It was great to see the rgb fire up ...excellent show.
    kev
    I rang about a ticket but there were only poor viewing ones left, so i've decided not to bother. Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Never mind Jem Im sure they will return soon
    And thanks to Kevskis eagle eye on some tickets we are off to see Roger Waters in Liverpool on 15th May!
    I cant bloody wait.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Six weeks ago there were zero lasers used by Aussies in Poland. Great show, magnificent music, not a single laser beam.
    Also, by the end of the performance they used a mirror ball and spot lights to create effect known from Floyd's Earl's Court Pulse show, but unfortunately all the light grain terminated on the scene, while auditiorium reamained dark .

Piotr.K

I know it something they dont do for every show. I dont think they use the lasers for the US tours unless its in the newer revision of the show. Last time I saw the show was almost 4 years ago.

The mirror ball has been in the act since I saw it. In the US its a 4 foot mirror ball and in the finale almost every light in the venue shoots right at it. It helps if the place you see the show is a theater. With theatrical rigging you can drop the mirror ball in much quicker than even high speed chain motors. Thus the effect is more stunning. But it is a beautiful thing when 50+ moving fixtures are all directed at a mirror ball. Who needs house lights at that point?

-max

Rob - You'll enjoy the show! Its a good one. I wonder if he is still doing the second half as DSOTM front to back. If so - you'll love the laser they've got!

Max that us exactly what is billed - I need an allthat massive drooling smiley here
    Cant wait!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Max that us exactly what is billed - I need an allthat massive drooling smiley here
    Cant wait!

Rob
    Awesome! I've got a few pictures of the pig still somewhere. From what I heard 'the laser' is a custom 100w Arctos unit. I would love to get to see some internals of that beast!

Not long now till I'm going woohoo! Can't wait!
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

Thumbs up

Yep have to agree they are awesome, I saw them in San Francisco the end of last year, and it was great. All they had were the two greenie units on the sides, and a YAG beam table in the middle with bounce mirrors on the Circle screen. They used a Pangolin Laser Show Performer, with a machine with 2 screens running Live! (that was as much as I could see until I was told to step back

Very good show, lots of automated fixtures, and they sounded great!

Two thumbs up!