Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Floyd - Brilliant....

Default Aussie Floyd - Brilliant....

...as ever. Kevski and I have just spent a night at the Manchester Apollo in the company of Australias finest export The Australian Pink Floyd. (yes better than Prisoner cell block H!) As per usual they were ace, great show, great lighting, superb projections and that floyd music! I have seen them a few times now and they always include a pair of green lasers in their show but this time thay have a new toy! They have an RGB! With the greenies either side of the stage at the front, the RGB was right slap bang in the middle of the stage at the rear underneath the circular screen. The lasers were used to good effect but sparingly and my fave bit was when the RGB shot a Pink beam at a pair of rotating diffraction gratings at the base of the circular screen. This filled the room with moving red and green beams and looked mega!
    Jem I guess your visit to sheffield to see them cant be too far away now though I dont know how well the RGB will cope with a stadium venue but Im sure you will have a ball. As we were in the smallest venue I've seen them in there was no inflatable marsupial tonight but Im sure it will make an appearance in Sheffield - You are in for a great night.

If you havent seen them and you are remotely into floyd get along and see them - if not this tour the next one as they seem to be on perpetual UK tour. When a tribute band can make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up like the real band - thats something!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hey!!

Dont knock prisoner!!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Jem I guess your visit to sheffield to see them cant be too far away now...
    Hmmm... Sore point!

Not going now as nobody else seemed interested and I didn't fancy going on my own

Ah well, perhaps next time.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

ooops sorry mate
    if it wasnt such a hike I would join ya! They are worth it.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    ooops sorry mate
    if it wasnt such a hike I would join ya! They are worth it.
    Rob
    Thanks Rob

It's on 26th April, so there's still a chance.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Rob & Jem,

In May, Roger Waters will be playing at the Liverpool Echo for one night and the O2 for two nights. Last year’s UK concerts were very enjoyable and I would urge anyone remotely interested in Floyd not to miss these concerts now that there is a second chance to see them. (Jem, it will be worth a trip across the hills)

Best regards

James

Yes James I found this out recently - I would love to see him but tickets were sold out very quickly - no surprise - and many complaints have been lodged due to the allocation of up to 6 tickets per application. I love these sold out concerts cos when you go theres loads of empty seats cos the greedy bastards who are not interested in the artists and list the tickets for crazy money on the bay sometimes dont sell them. Some sellers have genuine reasons to have to give up the tickets but this whole flog em on ebay thing does my fookin nut. It just serves to make it harder for real fans to see the artisits they want. I hope the ebay touts get hauled in by the tax man and I hope (not that its likely) that ebay do the right thing and put a stop to serial ticketeers.
    Im still looking to see if I can make it to see him but I wont pay nuts money on principal.

Rob

Aussie Floyd is a great show, their Lighting Designer is an incredible man whose name isn't coming to me at the moment ... Phil maybe - anyway. The company I work for does their US tours. Its a great show, well worth your time!

Im going to see them in Sheffield! Can't wait!

I think you should go Jem, know body knows who you are with once you are there! And you won't have anybody to annoy you so you wont miss anything!

Glad it was good Rob, Im talking to my dad tonight im sure he will tell me all about it. I will l remember to look out for the big RGB pink moment!

a humourous side note -
    When I arrived home last night Sue asked me if we had had a good time, the ticket was a prezzie from here, and I told her all about it and told her thay had a new toy to go with the 2 green lasers. An RGB. Soon after she rolled over and went to sleep.
    When she arrived in form work tonight the first thing she said was whats a G R whatever it was you were talikng about last night? She thought I thought she knew what I was on about!

Rob