Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The QM2000 and livepro stuttering issues

Default The QM2000 and livepro stuttering issues

We have all have it once a while, stuttering of the laser output when using livepro and multiple QM2000's

Please share your setup, how often you have the problem, and any information that could help finding the cause.

Information so far,
    It happens on Win XP and Win 7
    It happens when using mutiple qm2000
    A reboot most of the time fix the issue.
    Livepro is using 100% cpu load on one core.
    Also visble in the laser preview
    Also seems to happen with showtime

Ay more info?
    Last edited by mccarrot; 07-06-2012 at 07:22. Reason: Added information

It might be worth anybody experiencing this issue to check their Windows event log for an event ID 4226... just a hunch...

Tidbit: CPU usage is 100% (LivePro.exe) when it decides to get the shakes.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I've never had something like that. But I never used more then one QM.Net and i'm running XP on a mac. If you like we can do some tests with a couple QM's on a mac and see if the same problem is still there.

Posting to follow..

Same problems, the carrot man summed them up spot on :-)
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I've ran XP on a Mac (Bootcamp) with anything from 2-5 QM's. Still can occur. It wasn't a massive issue, just reboot and it's gone. Only occurred every couple of months.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Ik you look closely to this this video of one of the big guys you can see the stuttering at least 20x

This show was done with showtime and timecode, so the problem also seems to be with showtime.
    Last edited by mccarrot; 07-06-2012 at 07:22.

Just a few points.

1. LivePRO uses a means of threading that will fool the CPU percentage indicator of Windows. It will always show as 100%, no matter what. The LD2000 Network application uses the same method of threading and sometimes Showtime does too. Even though it shows as 100%, it may be using 10% or less. Windows "percentage of CPU" indicator can be easy to fool...

2. You might try various preview settings. There are settings for enhanced reality, regular preview, and even preview priority settings. See if that makes a difference.

3. If you're hardware is a QM2000.NET (as opposed to QM2000 installed in a PC or FB3), several people have noted problems with certain types of network adapters in laptops. I forget which ones are suspicious, but it's been found that in some cases, getting an external USB to network adapter cures the problem.

4. There was also a problem with certain versions of Windows and multi-processor usage. We recently made a change to overcome that problem. Have you tried the very very very latest version of LivePRO? The version I have on my PC is build 2021.

Best regards,

William Benner

also try turning off the preview window, I don't use it and I have never run into a stuttering issue

Yesterday we had another production with 4 QM.net's, the latest livepro b2022 and a brand new Dell XPS latop and we had stuttering all over the place.

I tested the show with 2 QM.net's and there was no problem, but with 4 QM.nets it was one big drama.