Thread: Smogs 'Eastern block' Xinyulaser RGB made better

Default Smogs 'Eastern block' Xinyulaser RGB made better

I have been putting some hours into my Xinyulaser RGB projector in a vain attempt to make it better than when it was shipped to me. So far I have changed the dichro mirrors and mounts, the complete scan set and PSU's and am waiting for a replacement 635nm LD to turn up. I have also had to add a small -15 - +15v PSU for the DMX pattern board as this was powered from the old scanner drivers but with them being replaced for the Laserworl set, this was no longer available. The dichro mounts and dichro's are from the Mliptack (Bridge) GB and the scanset is a Laserworld 50Kpps set. I am hopefully going to do some test pattern testing this evening with pics of the outcome.
    More pics of the build up to follow later also

Any + or - comments appreciated please

Thanks
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1176.JPG  

IMG_1177.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I have been putting some hours into my Xinyulaser RGB projector in a vain attempt to make it better than when it was shipped to me...
    Make it better?
    Sounds like the only original bit is the case and the 13 amp plug.

Now a 5A fuse - the original 230v wiring is rather thin internally and using the supplied 13A fuse would have been a little dodgy
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Naaahhhhh....
    Built in smoke machine !!

Gonna need a very small tweaker to adjust the tuning on those scanner amps the way you have them mounted in there. Maybe turning them around would help - assuming that your projector will be designed so that the top and sides are easily removed for maintenance.

Other than that, looks really good to me!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Gonna need a very small tweaker to adjust the tuning on those scanner amps the way you have them mounted in there. Maybe turning them around would help - assuming that your projector will be designed so that the top and sides are easily removed for maintenance.

Other than that, looks really good to me!

Adam
    Thanks for the comment Adam

I have a very small ex-TV repair phosphor bronze bladed tweaker that I used to use for setting up TV's when I was in the trade. I left just enough room in between the amps to enable it to fit in.

I have been in a bit of a quandry as to what method of filtering to fit over the 6 cooling fans. I finally came up with the idea of using cooker hood filter paper. It's impervious to grease and oil in the air from the airbourne fogger fluid residue and has very good dust particulate filtering too. I have just fitted 6 individual squares, 1 for each fan. It looks good and can only work well IMHO. I also noticed that one set of 3 fans on one side was blowing air into the case and the other side was sucking it out. I reckoned that if I reversed around the side that sucked out so to then pressurise the case insides with filtered air then all the incoming air would be clean filtered and the only exit being the laser aperture. I have to comment though that it seems to run very cool with no fans running at alll but they are there so they will be used.
    Just building it all up and back together ready for chucking some Mamba Black signals at it
    Last edited by smogthemog; 04-07-2008 at 11:03.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Thank you for your interests in Xinyulaser, we have many new models this year www.xinyulaser.com

Blimey O'Reilly, they must be desperate for business