Thread: How many show controllers out there?

Default How many show controllers out there?

Here's a question for you guys,

What laser show systems exist that cost less than 300 euros or 450 US dollars, if any at all.

A controller that contains a standard ILDA DB25 and connects to a PC or MAC via a USB, Serial or PC-LPT1 and includes some form of show software no matter how simple it is.

This question was asked today by a reporter from a newspaper and I had no idea so I thought to ask you guys. If there is no such things at that price, what is close will do ad hope you can clear this up.

Probably the very cheapest is Norm's DAC kit. It's around $30 I think and you can download his software or use the free Popelscan. I wouldn't exactly call it show worthy but you can certainly make ILDA files and display them with it.

And of course, my Spaghetti laser show software is free and supports Moncha, Easylase, Riya, and Lumax DACs.

Just outside your "budget" is the rock solid and amazing pangolin FB3 DAC & LA StudioSoftware Suite @ coming in at $500
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

The Ishowsoftware here goes for $320 ... if its anything like Itop ..it aint upto much IMHO
    http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/1915

and theres good ole alphalite @ $350
    http://www.laserillusions.com/

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

i believe moncha is 490euros
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i believe moncha is 490euros
    Mamba lite used to ring in at 125$ US and Norms is 30$ or So. I have both as backups for the quadmod and as a bench tool. I could do a old school real time beam show with both of them and you'd be hard pressed if your not a pro or high level hobby laserist to tell if it was a 8 bit cheapie or x29/ pango flashback. Its the frames you feed it, and your skills in timing things to the music, as well as the software/hardware. Mamba lite was/is capable of a fairly good music synced graphics show. One thing to be sure to tell that reporter, its one thing to have cheapo hardware, its another to be able to use it artistically and professionally. The Canadian phrase "spaz and flail", used to describe cheap intelligent (not!) lighting fixtures looping through the built in effects by a unintelligent DJ comes to mind

Steve Roberts

ive needed a back up, i was running an old version for moncha and it stopped working after 15mins of use. you had to unplug it, close the program and start again to get it playing again. but it stopped again after 15mins

so having two dacs as i did was a real bonus.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ive needed a back up, i was running an old version for moncha and it stopped working after 15mins of use. you had to unplug it, close the program and start again to get it playing again. but it stopped again after 15mins

so having two dacs as i did was a real bonus.
    Is Any One Useing The Laser Visuals System ?