Thread: FS: ~5-6 watt compact argon laser system, $4500

Default FS: ~5-6 watt compact argon laser system, $4500

Hello everyone, I have a Spectra Physics 2011 head w/ 2545 power supply for sale. Unit has RS232 connection on power supply (never figured it out). It uses 3 phase 208vac. It has a TOTAL OF 65 HOURS ON THE HOUR METER!!! That's right, 65 total hours. I put about 18 on it, but much of that was learning how to align argon lasers. It has the controller, ribbon cable, 75' of power cable. I can provide more details to anyone interested.

Located in Southeastern Virginia (Norfolk, VA).

Pics can be seen at http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/2-ebay/selling/sp2011/

Asking $4500 USD. The flight case isn't good enough to ship the laser in. I don't have the facilities anymore to crate it. Pickup would be preferred (4 hours to Raleigh / DC, 8 hours to NYC, etc).

I've had the laser aligned and running. I don't have a power meter, so I don't know what output I was getting. It burned the door 8+ feet away though. It is multiline.

Laser is ex-NASA.

Video of it in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEl4XSHo9o
    (I just said 2 watts because.... I don't really know the power output. I know the Intellabeam lights are 400 watt discharge lamps, and I know my 60-100mw ALC laser looks like nothing compared to the SP. I think the factory alignment tag said 6 watts...)

-----------

I also have a very good condition ALC 60X w/ custom power supply (really nice supply), which probably has about 25 hours on it total!. Multiline optics. Don't know the output power. Anyone interested at $1250? Add PCAOM + Red and you'd have full color. Laser was a new refurb by MWK, and has had very light use around the house. They currently sell them for $1700 for the used laser alone.

3 phase full blast running water and 40 amp per phase?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default Hmmm

OH from the video....

3 phase power. On the bigger ion lasers they use 3 phase electricity. It's also often used for industrial motors and large equipment.

Water cooling keeps the power supply and laser cool.

I don't know where 40 amps ... oh... yea, I think it was running 40 amps @ 300 volts _DC_ at full power into the actual tube according to the power meter. The actual input circuit breaker is a 3 pole 30 amp breaker.

Default Price lowered

Price lowered, $3000 ... pick up in Norfolk, Virginia.

OR $2000 + 2 x Technobeam fixtures (High end systems, non-white).

I really like the 2011. Ours used to do approx 4.5 wattss no problem running from a 32A 3ph supply. A good fan cooled radiator (truck sized) and a 25 gallon water tank allowed running for approx 20 minutes on 10 off when a constant water supply wasnt available.

I thought the I beam was a 700 watt light?

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I thought the I beam was a 700 watt light?
    Actually, the original intellibeam was 400 watts, then the newer model ran the 700 watt lamps. The newer model was more popular.