Thread: Fb3 And Ld2000(.lds Shows) Compatbility

Default Fb3 And Ld2000(.lds Shows) Compatbility

Can anyone explain whether .lds shows(LD2000) can be run using FB3.
    I have read quite a few posts telling that .lds shows cannot be run using FB3,but on trying myself few .lds shows from ftp site,i found that .lds shows can be played in LA studio(3D max),as a sequence of frames without music though.
    So i wanted to know if someone has tried running pangolin's original .lds shows with FB3 .

When you talk about a file format, "lds" means "Lasershow Designer Secured". It is our secured and compressed file format for storing laser imagery. This is a native Pangolin frame file format, so any Pangolin software that has been out for the last 8 years can read it. This includes all FB3 software and the LAStudio software as well.

The format "shs" means "Showtime Secured". This is a file format used by our Showtime timeline-based show creation program. Showtime is a part of the Lasershow Designers series of software that requires a QM32 or QM2000 to operate. Since the Flashback can not run Showtime, it means that the Flashback can not load Showtime Show files.

So, the end answer to your question is -- you can use any Pangolin frames on the Flashback, but you can only use LAStudio shows (not Showtime shows) on the Flashback.

Best regards,

William Benner

Question

Can you use any LAStudio shows in Showtime?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Smile

Aaron;

You do know that there is a version of LA Studio that will work with your QM-2000 board, right? So why worry about running an LA Studio show in Showtime? Just run it in LA Studio! (For the record, I don't think you can load an LA Studio show into Showtime anyway.)

Adam

Lightbulb

I am an Autoplay fan and want to load all the shows I can into that. I'd really like to find a way to export the shows I have for LDS so that Showtime and Autoplay could run them also. I just want to be able to play 5 or 6 hours of straight shows. I hate having to open LDS and play a few shows, then auto pay, play a few shows... I haven't been able to get LA Studio to work with my QM, mainly a lack of trying... It would just be nice to have all the shows I have that can run on the QM in one program that will run them all.