Thread: Has anyone written a Mamba driver in C?

Default Has anyone written a Mamba driver in C?

I am trying to write a Mamba driver using C. Mamba seems to be making calls into my DLL just fine but after the InitDevice call it pops up an access violation error. Obviously a bad pointer. But, there isn't much that can be wrong with my driver since everything is stubbed out and just returning a TRUE or some other value. I tried using the DLL with a different version of Mamba and also got an error but at a different time. The Mamba driver writing documentation is very poor and only shows the function definitions in Delphi (I wish that language would just die). If I debug, the error occurs in the Mamba code, not mine. I am wondering if there is some undocumented function it is trying to call on me or something. Anyway, if anyone has had any experience with this I'd appreciate a message my way. I send an email to MediaLas asking for current documentation and an example but didn't get any reply as of yet.

Grumpy, don't you work with Mamba? Can you help?

Thumbs up

Are you trying to make a moncha driver for mamba ?
    That would just be great !

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Anyway, if anyone has had any experience with this I'd appreciate a message my way. I send an email to MediaLas asking for current documentation and an example but didn't get any reply as of yet.

Grumpy, don't you work with Mamba? Can you help?
    There are times I don't read the forums regularly due to other requirements (like "sleep") - if you have any particular question and want it answered fast, PM me anytime. This is a general advice to the whole forum btw

P.S. I'll honor your opinion about Delphi with your next update request

Hi Andre
    Havent heard much from you in a while - I hope they arent working you too hard
    Hows development on our favorite German laser software going? Any new releases likely to come our way soon?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Exclamation

I'm working hard on several projects at the moment, I received a couple of bugreports for the 1.90 release which prove to be nasty - may take a bit to deal with them. Then I'm waiting for feedback from Ihor (Riya) about the inconsistencies between API and SDK docs so that I'll hopefully get a working MLD in the end... Third in line are some internal software tools for upcoming hardware and last but not least I'm working on Mamba 2.0 - I'm changing a lot of the handling concepts to make it easier to use, more robust and more extensible. E.g. I'm sure you'll like the detachable editor window that enhances precision editing quite a lot. This will take a bit though. At present I find myself discarding a lot of code in favor of quite different implementations. *scratches head*

Glad to see you havent forgotten us
    Cant wait to see 2.0 but realise I will have to!
    Thanks for all your effort - you have made a hell of a difference to the program.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

FYI: I was finally able to create a Moncha driver for Mamba.

Well done Gary
    Shame I dont have the Moncha USB to try it with
    Rob

Smile

Mamba 2.0, that's a good news

whiteg

Dont get too exited i thnk its quite a way off yet!

Rob