Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ALC68 strip down & clean - Help please

Great job Jim

Not long now before we can see it in all its glory, there's gonna be a lot of gas at the meet

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

looking real good there
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have wobble

I am getting picture wobble when I project and wondered what it could be?

I am using Spacelas Scanners with the 3 wire input - X+, X- & Gnd etc. The X+ and Gnd are being used onto the ILDA socket, then to the DAC and the X- is not tied to anything, same with the Y's. I have a screened 5 meter ILDA lead back to the DAC. Could the problem be that I am running unbalanced with a 5M lead and am suffering interference from the cable??

Thank you for all your nice comments

Thanks
    Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

whooooaaaa sexy!!!

very nice rebuild!!! and the final result is out standing!!

also out of curiousity!

what is that massive turbo in your shed for?
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    whooooaaaa sexy!!!

very nice rebuild!!! and the final result is out standing!!

also out of curiousity!

what is that massive turbo in your shed for?
    Have a look back in this thread and all will be revealed
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Im opening up this thread again as I am 'at it' again

I have another ALC68 to revamp. This one seems to have a good tube in it but is as dirty as the old one so I am in the process of cleaning this one all up.
    I have started with the PSU this time and am currently removing the wiring loom in order to be able to remove each component to clean them/it. Once the components have all been removed the casings will be cleaned, degreased and sprayed with silver Galv spray. The front PSU fascia has already been rubbed down and re-sprayed white so I can letraset the wording back on it then cover it completely with varnish. I have a new main (Airpax) power switch on order as the original was broken, a new meter switch and variable power pot.
    i will post pictures as I go on with the re-vamp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-14 15.47.10.jpg  

IMG_6467.JPG  

IMG_6466.JPG  

IMG_6381.JPG  

IMG_6384.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Sweeeeeet! Got two to do the same to, but thinking of building switch mode PSUs to go with 'em.... Maybe?

Good work Jim, I shall keep an eye on this thread, I did have a 68 myself, but I sold it to some crazy man.^^^^^^^
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

I have started spraying up the internals of the PSU and have managed to take out and clean the wiring loom although on it's re-assembly, a high proportion of it will need to be replaced preferably with thicker cabling as a lot of the old white cable has gone hard and cracks when bent!
    I also now have the new main switch and have had the front fascia re-sprayed white.
    I have two new main smoothing capacitors on their way here as well to replace the old ones. I don't think there is anything wrong with them but it will look good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6513.JPG  

IMG_6514.JPG  

IMG_6515.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Jimmer... Looks like pog on progress my old flipflop!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -