Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ALC68 strip down & clean - Help please

For your info Quazar, I don't think this is the one you lost

Well I hope not anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1311.JPG  

IMG_1312.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

No, that doesnt look like mine. Thanks anyway and sorry if I got you worried.

@ Mixedgas - I have a 500mw 635 sat here but the problem would be getting the wide beam that exits it through my 8ch NEOS PCAOM. It just wouldn't work, it's far too wide. I have a good quality 45D reflect red pass blue green Dichro here as well to be able to combine the beams but no go I am affraid.
    Hmmm - Bit of an expensive re-gas then I will forget that one.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Smog
    use normal modulation to the red and add it in with the dicho after the Neos
    Voila!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Can someone please confirm to me that the HR and OC optics have their coated sides facing inwards?

Thanks
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Indeed they do - they often have a pencil mark of a fallen over 'V' as an arrow pointing towards the coated surface and into the cavity

Sounds like you are doing well

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Yup, they most certainly have Rob

Yes mate, been cleaning all the parts up and putting the small parts in the sonic cleaner. Also been respraying bit's and bob's here and there.

I haven't yet got the bead blast bits back yet so I am concentrating on the other bits. I am going to complete the laser head and set up and test it before moving on to the PSU (for obvious reasons)

Have you heard anything of the replacement biscuits?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

I presume all the screws, nuts and bolts on these ALC components are all some sort of American standard of thread size?
    The Allen keys are certainly not metric or Imperial - went out and bought a set of Imperial Alens today expecting them to fit - They didn't

------------

I've had the copper Flasks on top of our gas boiler now for over a week in a very hot environment (heating on all the time), do you think that will have dried them out enough?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

I think you need to wait 'til your missus is out and get them in the oven

Rob

I got my 10x400mm beam plate extension TIG welded onto the ALC68,s 10mm Aluminium base plate yesterday and sprayed it up with Zinc Oxide spray plus all the bits now are back from bead blasting.
    Just need to find a second or two of free time now to put it all back together.

Does anyone have an original set of twin fans for one of these Lasers?

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1467.JPG  

IMG_1468.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!