Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MB free show

I hate that you have to buy a development copy of mamba black just to play back shows other people made. It would be nice if they had a free player version.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I hate that you have to buy a development copy of mamba black just to play back shows other people made. It would be nice if they had a free player version.
    If you read a bunch of different threads with you in them, it seems like you "hate" a few things.

I can dig it.

Turn that energy into something real.

Also, figure out exactly what it is you "hate".

James.

Develop a show player, which can play any format of shows, and you will the king

There is the ilda file format, which is a standard for frames. But I don't know about that exists any standard for shows. Every company use own show format.

whiteg

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    There is the ilda file format, which is a standard for frames. ...
    whiteg
    Yes, but even the .ild file format has various formats as I have found out to my cost such as different number of colours etc.
    So no real standard there either. Do not think you can auto detect what colour pallete has been used either in an .ild file.

It's a bit goofy. Everyone is worried about getting ripped off so no one shares any information. I have come to accept it although I don't like it. It's bad for the consumer and only good for those who stand to make money on it.

We should establish reasonable standards amongst ourselves at the very least.

We could become "The Alliance Of Independent Laserists"!

James.

Sure, we could start TOLDYASO. Texas-Ohio Laser DisplaY And Software Organization.

Sure, we could start TOLDYASO. Texas-Ohio Laser DisplaY And Software Organization.
    I'm gonna' be chuckling over that one all day!

Thanks.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by Onge View Post
    Yes, but even the .ild file format has various formats as I have found out to my cost such as different number of colours etc.
    So no real standard there either. Do not think you can auto detect what colour pallete has been used either in an .ild file.
    Have you worked with LaserBoy? It will open ILDA files with palettes.

It does not conform to any currently proposed 24bit standard.

But it will read 2D and 3D and palettes. It also lets you export and import palettes in plain ASCII text, so you can start with a palette that's there, export it, tweak it in notepad and import it as a new palette. You can do lots of things with palettes in LaserBoy. You can transform from one palette to another by several methods. You should be able to open your ILDA of an unknown palette, make a palette for it that looks good, then do a best color match to the 62 color default palette and save the result as ILDA. That should make it just about as generic as possible.

James.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Mamba Lite used to be free to download, I dont know if it plays the extended mamba format xmb

I have a registered older copy of mamba and when they forced me to consider buying a dongle @ ~100$, I said screw it. The older copy is based on processor serial number or something.

I can send you a older one, but it times out

Steve