Thread: 2 scan heads 1 cup, er, laser.

Talking 2 scan heads 1 cup, er, laser.

Got some old G-124's working. I set them up at opposite ends of a bench, used a 60/40 splitter and my green dpss. Video is a snipet from Buffo's Pop Music show, enjoy!

Full video, 20megs: http://www.dzelaser.com/popmusic.MPG

Low res on google video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85649814&hl=en

Question

Is that using the amps you got in your "new addition"? I saw a pair of those amps on eBay for cheap... Those are open loop aren't they? May need to grab those amps and some 124s... I think Skycrafters may have a set. That video looks good.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yes, they are the amps from the new addition. I had never seen these amps before so I'm not completely sure what they are capable of doing. I had them set for 14K in pangolin and they were doing beams just fine. I had always either built my own amp or used Bill Benner's Accelerator amps for the G-124's. Yes, they are open loop, the G-124 was not built with any kind of position detection. But they are a great scanners for beams! It doesn't surprise me that Sky Craft has a couple, you can find all sorts of goodies there, need to make a run down there pretty bad, just no time durring the day...

Question

Are you home from school yet? Ready for a real project?

hehe! I kept thinking about that, then I had this dropped in my lap! I still have time to fix your up I think. I need to order some more parts for this one before I can get really involved with building it back up. Thinking ahead, I have a 3 day weekend this upcoming weekend, then I work the next 4 weekends. So either this weekend, or sometime after about a month.

Cool

Oh man... I'm loving that thing already! Good job getting it to work David! Can't wait to see it with the rest of the stuff in action.

Adam