Thread: LaserMedia G-120 amps and mount

Default LaserMedia G-120 amps and mount

I have a 2 channel and a single channel G-120 amp and a 3 scanner G-120 mount(no scanners included). The 3rd scanner being for optical leverage blanking, the fastest blanking you can have other than aom/pcaom. I'm not really sure what these are worth these day so if your interested PM me some kind of offer I guess. I think I would really prefer a trade though. I'm looking for MM-1's, lots of them, with the projector that I'm currently working on, I envision a need for about 20. So a couple for this G-120 stuff would be great.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails amp1.JPG  

amp2.JPG  

mount.JPG  

Ahh, the famous LM22SDA Gotta luv'em

I have no experience with the LM22SDA, were they any good? I made several of my own amps for the G120's back when I had them.

Well, Bill Benner and Steve Roberts call them galvo killers based on their poor design.
    I have two fiber fed beam projectors with G120D's that use them that do around
    12K PPS. It's said, don't key-up any radio transmitters near them because it freaks
    out the galvo position feedback circuit.

Oh, nice, well then they have a date with my trash can if thats the case. The mount is still available though if anyone interested.

Only a notification, at the beginning of my career, when I began to do Laser Light Shows about 25 years ago, my projectors had the scanners G120 of the General Scanning and the amps LM22SDA of the Lasermedia and I never had any problem with my systems and them tolerated very well, besides in places and unfavorable situations.

Carlos

I also have one of these 'dreaded' amps and have to say its always worked a treat for me! Never killled any scanners and I can get decent performance from it. I have another G120 amp of unknown origin and the LM kicks its ass cos its poo. I also have a camtech amp very kindly provided by P1t8ull but have not hooked it up yet - Im expecting this will be a very good amp compared to LM - its certainly a more sophisticated and modern design

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk