Quote Originally Posted by fearfair View Post
1) When the woman appears dancing, is that still a laser projection or has it changed to a video projector at that point?
That part looks like DLP projection. The show has both laser and video elements combined together.
2) The effects like the rolling wave type effect near the beginning... how is that programmed? The ILDA software I have seen only allows for programming of one static scene after another... is it just many ilda images with one wave peak higher or lower and transitioned between?
You figured it out all on your own. By displaying a series of static frames one after the other in rapid succession, the illusion of fluid movement can be created. (This is the same effect you see at the movies, or on your TV at home.) The moving sine wave is nothing more than a series of static frames that are played back at 20 to 30 frames per second.
3) What are the specs on that beautiful RGB unit in the center?
I don't know, but it's quite nice. Don't forget though: it's difficult to judge absolute power levels from a photograph or a video. There are too many variables. Still, it *did* look nice, didn't it?
4) Why can't I do something like that
You can! Well, the laser part anyway. The video part would require extra hardware and new software. But as far as the aerial beam effects are concerned, just about any software can do that. Some software packages are better than others, of course, but there wasn't anything in that show that looked particularly difficult. It was just *extremely* well choreographed. (Of course, the video combined with the lasers made for a cool effect as well.)

Adam