Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy has kicked the OS habbit!

Talking

Well... This is better anyway.

Now you can auto scale DXF AND maintain the origin.

Your mountain fly-over is drawn in all positive DXF space, so that is where LaserBoy puts it.

http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/code...03_2008_v3.zip

Thanks for beating up on LaserBoy. It's what he needs!

James.

Unfortunately thats the way Illustrate!! makes DXF and there is nothing can be done to fix it) It's not direct export. It's done by own DXF engine inside Illustrate! Is there a possibility to put one extra option for this situation. What I mean is to make those frames full screen and centered. The output from Illustrate! is always the same.
    IMHO Illustrate! is the best cartoonizer for 3ds Max. (Besides Pangolin original Max converter) The only problem was the absence of good DXF to ILDA color conversion. Laserboy is finally the solution I was looking for. I wish I was a programmer so I could do all the mods myself.. (Well I was a programmer....loong time ago.)
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Sure. Why not?

James.

Talking (Bing Crosby and The Andrew Sisters)

Check this out! Now if you go into the frame transforms menu you have two new operations:

h // frame transforms menu
    8 // accentuate the positive
    9 // eliminate the negative

These operations either promote information that is in all positive vector coordinate space (either quadrant or octant 1) to all space or demote all space into all positive space (either quadrant or octant 1). If the information is 2D it leaves Z at all zeros. If the drawing contains ANY negative coordinates, applying accentuate the positive has no effect, thus not destroying your data.

Now you can get the most out of your all positive DXF drawings!

http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/code/Las...03_2008_v4.zip

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-18-2008 at 17:14.

AAaaa... It works great. Can't type more...busy playing with it
    I think I found a minor bug but it's very minor. I need to test so more.

I'd like to get this ADAT wave thing working better before I release a whole new major version. I fixed a BIG BUG, that was a guaranteed crash. Not any more!

James.

Hi James
    I hope this is helpful, I saw the post that Dr Laser had made and have re-posted the Ilda file viewer with the addition of the two Ilda files that Dr Laser had posted. If you play the files you will notice that the first file mount!!!.ild appears in white and does not displace in the x axis.
    If you run mount!!.ild the second file, you will notice that it will appear in a different colour and jumps up-wards slightly.
    This is only a suggestion and I am trying to be helpful, when importing an Ilda graphic create a new frame and interpolate the Ilda formats available, if the format is valid but the colour palette is not return, true for the frame but Null for the palette and default to 8 bit format, set z to 0.
    I have now found 8 different variants of the Ilda colour palette and interpretation of the file format from people that have emailed me.
    If I can help please email me.
    Clive
    Laser Electronics Ltd.
    clive@laserelectronicsltd.co.uk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Attached here is a sequence animation (100 dxf frames)
    The problem is that when object had some extended elements on right side - all animation shifts left. When element goes off site then all animation goes back to normal. Also when h//8 applied image shifts but sometimes not far enough and parts on right side can disappear when imported to lasershow software. Sorry for being an arse but It's just couple steps from perfect solution. After it's all done I'll do a siquence of video tutorials how to do animation and how to import it to ILDA. I've done it before using TraceIT but direct dxf to ilda is million times better solution.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's a neat animation BTW.

It's still a matter of DXF autoscaling.

Do you know if the DXF space you are working in is a fixed size?

If you know the size of the original space, I can let you set a scale factor that LaserBoy will apply to every frame.

You're not being an "arse". You're helping me make my stuff better. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks!

I think the best solution would be to import all of the DXF information into real number space in LaserBoy and then figure out the scale of the whole import, instead of scaling each frame individually.

When LaserBoy saves in DXF format, it uses the same coordinate space as ILDA; signed 16 bit integer; which is a subset of all real numbers that DXF can handle. So when you bring it back into LaserBoy with no auto scaling, you get exactly what you saved.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-19-2008 at 16:41.

Dear Dr Laser
    Do you want me to add direct DXF importation to the laser software we produce, if you think that would be useful then I will look at it and implement it in our software.
    Clive
    Laser Electronics Ltd
    clive@laserelectronicsltd.co.uk