Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LaserBoy has kicked the OS habbit!

Dear James
    If I can help please email me and I was not being an "arse" only trying to help, and you are welcome.
    Clive
    Laser Electronics Ltd
    clive@laserelectronicsltd.co.uk

Clive.

Hello.

I think you're responding to my reply to someone else.

Hi James
    Sorry, I thought , you were saying I was an "arse", I have run first frame of the dxf files through few lines of code, here is first filter without scaling and printed to bmp file, we already have dxf conversion in code for Zion and all of our other software, will try to get time and correct sizing and re-apply colour index, and then post demo exe of Zion on forum for people to play with, am going to call it a night and feed the kitten.
    Clive
    Laser Electronics Ltd
    clive@laserelectronicsltd.co.uk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Graphic1.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    That's a neat animation BTW.

It's still a matter of DXF autoscaling.

Do you know if the DXF space you are working in is a fixed size?

If you know the size of the original space, I can let you set a scale factor that LaserBoy will apply to every frame.

You're not being an "arse". You're helping me make my stuff better. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks!

I think the best solution would be to import all of the DXF information into real number space in LaserBoy and then figure out the scale of the whole import, instead of scaling each frame individually.

When LaserBoy saves in DXF format, it uses the same coordinate space as ILDA; signed 16 bit integer; which is a subset of all real numbers that DXF can handle. So when you bring it back into LaserBoy with no auto scaling, you get exactly what you saved.

James.
    Hmmm it looks like it depends what I put in renderer. If I put 320X240 and use DXF viewer it shows a workspace of exactly 320X240. BTW that animation took about 3 minutes to do

Laser Electronics Ltd There is no issue with colors anymore James fixed it. The only thing we are trying to work out is a scaling. If you can do a better job......sure I'm all for it.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Scaling the whole import as one thing is definately the way to go. That will work for all situations. Back to work!

James.

I think I have a handle on this. It should make everything work a little better and be a little bit more flexible for updates in the future.

I'm still going to leave the accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative frame transforms. Thanks for that idea. I'll let you know when I have a more useful DXF directory import.

James.

Talking

I got it!

Now you can import DXF with colors and auto scaling and NOT maintain the DXF origin and your import is centered, full screen and consistent in every frame! Woo Hoo!

I will be releasing the new version soon. I still have some cleanup to do.

Send me some more stuff. That's fun.

James.

Aaaaaaaaaaa.....can't wait now

Here is more complex animation. Space ship flies around the planets and in the same time camera spins around.
    Attached Files Attached Files