Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great way for smear free optic cleaning

Talking Great way for smear free optic cleaning

Hi there.

Iv recenly redesigned my rgb laser. now i have approx double the power output. How??

With thanks to greenie (pete) who was kind enough to lend me his laser power meter. I noticed i was losing load of power by mixing my lasers in the wrong order. i was starting with red 800mw,then mixing green 1watt,then mixing blue 800mw.

Then i redesigned it 1st with green,then mixing blue,then mixing red last.
    wow!! what a difference. i also added some edmunds optics,reflect blue 35mm sq,and reflect red 35mm sq. abit expensive at £48inc vat,but not as expensive as buying a 400mw green laser,and 2x200mw reds, which was the power i was losing.(these optics can easyly be cut in half to make 2xoptics at any good glass centre,saving that all valuable earake from the mrs,when you want to start building another1...)

But the reason for this thread is,iv tried various cleaning products including ipa which is rubbish for cleaning mirrors and optics,far to much smearing. While talking to edmunds they recomended these two product.

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...=1504&search=1

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...=2520&search=1

Best cleaner iv ever seen in 10years. no smears at all. leaves the optics and mirrors looking like new. Try them,next time your buying cleaner,although i would recomend the 2 oz fluid,its easyer to get into the tight spaces.

Im out in bristol this weekend,so il try and post some pictures after the weekend.
    Iv been trying out fiesta2 software recently great software,if like me you dont have a good colour balance. As you set the colour balance on screen. buy selecting the colours like magenta cyan and yellow,then using sliders 0-255 on your red green and blue laser to get these colours. which then become preset for the whole program. Excellent feture!!
    Im distributing this software for the uk now. So if you want any help or advice get in touch.

Happy lasering

Yeah, that's the stuff I use. It looks and smells like regular glass cleaner but man,,,, does it leave a streak free surface. Good Stuff!
    Adam

Default laser order

i was trying to work out what order you now have your green / blue / red
    which end is first, galvo end? ie green/blue/red/galvo or red/blue/green/galvo
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    i was trying to work out what order you now have your green / blue / red
    which end is first, galvo end? ie green/blue/red/galvo or red/blue/green/galvo
    thanks

def green then mix blue,then mix red, then galvo. unless uv got 4watts of red and only 1 watt of green of course. you wish lol.

Can anyone explain please as to why it did/does make a difference?

I have at the moment - Galvo - Red - Blue - Green
    Edmunds 45 optic on the Red, and Bridge's optics on the other two.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Smog

Most people feel that as green is 'cheapest' then you can afford more losses of green than any other colour as it passes through 2 dichros. However when i measured transmission and losses with EO optics I actually found that overall power loss across the 3 colours varies very little with all combinations of layout. I have not performed these tests yet with LW optics and as they have much different (read better) performance to the EO ones. I have been planning to do this so maybe this is a good time to get my finger out.
    Im sure the results will make interesting reading for all.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Who makes LW optics? Are there any specs? Has anyone done any real world comarison to EO versions? If they are better I would be interested in getting some.

Cool

LW = LaserWave, the company that Bridge works for.

I don't think anyone has posted any hard numbers comparing the LW dichros to the one's from Edmund's, but like you I'd be very interested in reading such a review!

The anecdotal evidence does suggest that LW dichro's are superior, though.

Adam

intresting mix !

I did have blue last, on my first design.
    But that was a terrible loss.
    Now I have blue first, then red and green last !

Maybe what you say is true, that if I replace my green first I got more output !
    But is that what ppl need ?
    A RGB with more green in all colours...

I just want a RGB that have a clean nice mix of white output all togheter
    So the setup I use is best for my performance..

For high power output I use single green lasers...

Liteglow
    I susspect you are using EO optics - as thier blue bounce dichro is a joke at 45 degrees. It lets way too much blue out - the best blue reflection is with this dichro at 90 degrees to the beam and you get hardly any transmission. obviously this is not a practical solution! The Laser wave blue bounce dichro is very good and is very insensitive to angle by comparison. If I get a chance I will try and do some measurements for the LW dichros later though today im working on 2 way TEC controller with the Maxim chips
    Rob

PS I have my blue first then green then red
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk