Thread: Livepro DMX

Default Livepro DMX

I posted this on the pangolin forum then figured there were probably a few folks here that use Livepro and may have an answer as well:

Ok, I am completely new to this Livepro program. I don't own it just yet, but I have been playing around with the demo. I've been trying to figure out if Livepro will be able to run a beam table I'm working on and from what I've discovered, it seems to lack one key feature. Here's what I would like to be able to do; I'd like to be able to assign one cue with a ttl chase that would go down the row of actuators for the different turrets, being able to set the brightness of the laser through DMX to say 100%. Then have and identical cue next to it with a brightness level at say 50%. I plan on using the DMX1602A which has an analog output that I figured would be great to vary the brightness of the laser, which will be solid state DPSS.

Maybe I"m just missing something, I'm sure there is an easy solution, just can't figure it out with the demo! Any help would be greatly appreciated for this complete livepro noobie!

Yeah, LivePRO is only DMX on or off. From what I gather, the next edition of LivePRO will have extra features such as enhanced DMX functionality..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks for the info Dave. Glad to hear that a future enhanced implementation is in the works. After thinking about it a while today, I also figured that I could use about the 4 or so left over ttl lines that I will have to vary the brightness, which would basically give me 15 levels of brightness. I'm starting to understand this Livepro, I must say, I am very impressed!
    Last edited by DZ; 04-26-2008 at 17:10.