Thread: Buffo's laser webcam is live on Ustream.tv

Cool Buffo's laser webcam is live on Ustream.tv

If anyone is awake - I'll be broadcasting live for another hour or so. Live laser shows from my living room in full color, and now with improved sound! (Fixed the sound bug...) Check it out:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffos-laser-show

Will be doing both beams and graphics - at least until 9 PM or so. Maybe later. Might not be all that responsive to the chat window though...

Adam

Lightbulb

Hey... this should go under the OLLEM thread... And I am at work and cannot get teh caht window to connect...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Good point Aaron - I should have put it in the other thread. My bad.

Sorry you couldn't connect. I managed to get the sound working correctly. Actually, I also figured out the problem we had at FLEM with the lousy sound when using the camera mic. I needed to go into the camera settings and re-calibrate the mic with the music on. Even though you have the level setting on the broadcast widget, that alone isn't enough. If you first set the mic level in the camera properties, then you can adjust the level in the broadcast widget and it works like it should.

Still, running direct sound is the way to go, and last night I finally managed to get that working without any annoying echo or feedback. Only ran for about an hour or so though. (Shut down around 9:20) But it looked good on this end. I recorded a couple clips just for fun.

I think in the future I'm going to try using a separate computer to handle the video. I'm still getting some lag, even with a wired connection straight to the router. (I've got a cable modem, so upload bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.) Only thing that makes sense is that the computer is dropping frames because the CPU can't handle the video compression with the quality set at max. So I want to try a faster computer and see if that makes a difference. Maybe Wednesday...

Adam