Thread: RGB Order

Question RGB Order

From Laser Steve's Thread: "Great way for smear free optics cleaning":
    Then i redesigned it 1st with green,then mixing blue,then mixing red last.
    wow!! what a difference.
    Is this a new discovery? Before I start drilling/tapping I need to know the layout. I always thought the green was farthest from the galvos, then red, then blue. But now I'm hearing some people going with red as being last (closest to the galvos) blue in the middle, and of course green being the one to pass thru the most optics (the green didnt change, for obvious reasons). Any advice, anyone?

Red will be your dimmest color so unless you have a lot of red to spare then it makes sense to put it last. If you have an underpowered blue then you should put it last. It all depends on the power of your laser modules. Green->Blue->Red is what I have and it works for me. If I swapped red and blue I would probably have too much blue and not enough red. My module power levels are 50/70/180 RGB.

Experiment a little and see what works best for you. Also, I purposed designed my mounts so that I can swap my blue and red at any time if I want. Maybe you can do that, too.

Lightbulb

I went with waht I could afford to lose the most of first. I had too much red when I bought dichros, so I got the reflect green, pass red, r->g->b. Blue is the most expensive and green is usually cheapest, but you can make a red on the cheap... atleast some can. I may get a pass green, reflect red now that I have too much green and moce the green back, but I cannot see having blue before red.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thumbs up

Blue B4 red does sound blasphemous, .. I guess I'll have to xperiment to see what the best white balance is with what I've got...
    Thanx Y'all

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default laser order

anytime anybody wants a dichro ran through a spectrophotometer, ship them to me with postage and a self addressed return box, and I'll scan them. Specify angle of incidence and no dichros smaller then 7 mm diameter.

Steve