Thread: Lotsa " RED " mmm??

Default Lotsa " RED " mmm??

With an eye out for the needs of Projector#2 ( Projector#1 is nearing completion...pics later )...I will need a major amount of red....and this blurb in Optics.org looked interesting !

http://optics.org/cws/article/research/33894

This technology will take a fair amount of time to trickle down to us !!! Hopefully...the ole'warchest will be ready in time !!!!

CDBEAM...and his dog...Terra (Watt )
    BoB
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-01-2008 at 05:47. Reason: Revise link
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

seems very promising!

from the knowledge i have (and it aint much! lol...) if the powers we have now of 635 and 650 (660) were able to be MUCH better collimated wouldnt the visibility be MUCH better??

i know i have a 300mW 635 and its about as fat as a maglite beam BUT its damn bright. however, if that was able to be brought down to the divergence of a 532 or 473 (more pinpoint) wouldnt it be MUCH MUCH better??

in my opinion i would be much more excited about seeing good beam quality 635's and 650's before i saw higher power ones. unless they can be done at the same time!! which in that case....its party time!!

the 635 i have and i have seen here on all of your projectors are just SCREMAING to be collimated. im guessing that if my beam quality was that of my green and blue, that 300mW 635 would look (IMO) probably double the brightness.

just my 2 cents...

article was very interesting though!

-Marc

Default We want it ALL !!

Hi Marc,

The 3rd and 4th paragraph from the end of the report mention the goal of beam quality and marketing to " Laser projection display " ????? I bet that means the TV biz !!!! But...You would think that in a medical application...focus/good beam quality would be a major need !!! Well...just hold on toya hat.....as we approach the " Singularity ".....it's gonna be a wild ride !!.....Terra Watt agrees !!!...

BoB
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

lol-

is your dogs name really tera watt?

Default Laser Luvin Dog: Terra Watt

Her name is Terra. When she is " helping " me with laser stuff...I call her Terra Watt. I have an obtuse sense of humor !!! She is an 9 month old wire haired Fox Terrier !!!....who loves to stick her nose into everything !!! She is a real Hoot !!!....and...she really likes to look at laser light !!! She is on a leash....and secured out of the beam path whenever she " helps " me !!!....Safety is for dogs eyes also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is her in my current Avatar !!! ....and the message is "BOW WOW I DO CDBEAM !!! "...
    What ever floats your boat...hey ?? LOL !!! Later,
    BoB
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-01-2008 at 18:56. Reason: DUH

lol-

i suppose this thread got hijacked, sorry....
    but i think the lounge area needs a thread for the "Pets of PL forum!!"

whos in?

-Marc