Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 watt Viasho project completed

Default 1 watt Viasho project completed

Thought all you people that bought the 1 watt Viasho would like some inspiration.

Myself and P1t8ull got together and designed a housing that we could use on the road with minimum effort. We like minimum effort

It is a two level housing, electronics below and optics on top. The case is designed to be easy to carry and hang from rigs and is small enough to sqeeze in between most lighting fixtures.

The rear panel is removble to get at the connections and the lens unscrews from the front for easy cleaning of the scanner optics.

Anyway, here is the bit you all want.....Picture time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1150.JPG  

DSCN1151.JPG  

DSCN1134.JPG  

DSCN1125.JPG  

DSCN1131.JPG  

DSCN1128.JPG  

DSCN1148.JPG  

Thumbs up

Very nice work there! As usual...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Very nice ... need to make my greens smaller some day..

Ray
    NZ

good job mate .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

This is a great projector, but do you really need the mirror there when you are using only one laser?

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

I would love to see pics of some of the Viasho's from the group buy all cased up, great to see other designs.

It's always a shame to have to steer a laser off a mirror and loose a little power But the mirror is high enough quality that the losses are minimal and there is a reasoning behind it...

We might well add other coloured lasers to the unit as the all important cash becomes available in the future.

The other thing is that a lot of production managers I have worked with have insisted on complete symetry on their stages and also like the illusion of laser beams coming from nowhere. So with this design the beam emits from the middle of the box and the front face is very small, so easy to tuck in between other light fixtures. To do this without the mirror would have meant we would have to use the side of the case as the front and make it twice as long to get the beam out of the middle.. Which would have resulted in a much larger case.

Mark

Point taken
    Are those ct-scanners? Or scanpro's?
    (btw I didn't mean to criticise I was just wondering. Still a great job on the projector though.)

Smile

I didn't see any criticism going on there and anyway other peoples comments are always welcome, it helps with future designs

The scanners are Laserworld 50k units. I like them, I always give them a retune to get them scanning slightly bigger, but other than that they are great. Very quiet, accurate and a good price. Wish I could afford Cambridge in all my projectors, but sadly due to this hobby, I am always broke for some reason

Mark

Funny enough, on a couple of events we have come up against fussy production managers.

One wanted everything white, so we had to cover the lasers in cloth being careful not to cover the vents or more importantly the aperture. We did this, but were told that there were to be no creases in the white covering, how anal?????

Another refused to have a couple of lasers on his stage as the apertures were both on the left, so one laser had to fly further out on it's scaffold pole than the other, so we ended up making false fronts and the lasers ended up appearing massive, which in my mind ruined the whole look.

Some people eh !!!! But I guess they pay the wages at the end of the night, so you have to suffer their littly whyms....

Mark

That looks really nice, you really seem to know your way around a piece of metal. Wish I had such skills.

One wanted everything white, so we had to cover the lasers in cloth being careful not to cover the vents or more importantly the aperture. We did this, but were told that there were to be no creases in the white covering, how anal?????
    Bet he has a Mac and thinks he's being super creative.