Thread: Pangolin 4.5 Update is here, FINALLY!

Exclamation Pangolin 4.5 Update is here, FINALLY!

Thumbs up If only my galvos worked...

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

If only my galvos worked...
    Your galvos are broken again?

Lightbulb

I put in a power switch from the main + lead off the main power plug to the bus bar where everything gets distroed out. All went well but I did not see the bridge clip you installed. When I started I cut the zip tyes holding the bus bar where it was to get to it. As I slid it back in place, that bridge clip grounded on the enclosure. Who knew "depleated uranium" was conductive... It poped twice before I saw where it grounded. Once I got it figured out, the galvos would not work. The DT40 looked ok but the scanpro30 was only scanning a couple of degrees. I swapped the amp out and when I powered it all back up, all I got was a dot that almost moves back an forth if I change the size settings.

I thought it was the galvos or amps, but last night I saw some soot on the common ground on the PSU that is on top of my projector. I found that it is only producing 24V+ and 9 to 10V- and there is a component... I am ignorant here, it could be a capasitor, resistor, or something... little beige pill looking thing with colored stripes, 1/4 inch long, 1/16 to 1/32 inch wide, that looks like it has blown. I'll take a picture tonight and post it. It now loks like I may have just hurt the PSU, terminally as I have no idea how to revive it. But that "component" looks to be replacable but the right person. Or I need to crap enough cash to get a new set of galvos...

Sorry to hear that. It should be fixable. If its just the power supply then thats great, you can probably find a nice replacement at SkyCraft. If you want to send them to me to fix them up that would be fine. I'd be glad to help!