Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North East Ohio ???

Default Here! in westlake :)

James sent me the link to here.. Though I don't do much laser tinkering anymore, I am still involved with Lightwave out of Pittsburgh, where we have the largest arsonal of Solid State Lasers for the entertainment industry. Lightwave is the Exclusive Distributator for the Americas for Arctos Lasers.

We do the lasers for the Roger Waters tour (20' prism simulating the Dark side of the Moon Album Cover) with 3 x 11 Watt Full Color Projectors, and 2 x 34W White Light Projectors, that spins over the audience durning the last 3 songs of the dark side of the moon set. We also had as many as 10 projectors from 2W to 34W full color systems for Korn's last 3 Tours.

All of which several can run from a power strip plugged into 110v outlet, even the 34w ones.. no water.. full analog color, and scanners built in. 2-13W systems can be taken as carry on on a plan, or checked with no issues of alignment or damage.

I can die now, I've done lasers for Pink Floyd on Tour.

I was the original creator of Lasermame (the one that worked and wasn't open source), the plug-in for pangolin/winamp, etc.. etc..

I've been involved in the laser hobbiest realm since 1993 when OSR (mixedgas) sold me my first 60x head and introduced me to professional laser show people and equipment.. lost all the screws and destroyed everything I had by 96.. and de-osr'd all my equipment by 97 and have been going strong ever since.

Talking Hey !!!

Welcome to PL!

Good to hear from you again.

Right now, I'm working on something that I should have done a few years ago. I got an Echo Layla 24/96. It is basically a PCI card - hard drive - ADAT. It has LightPipe in and out. Last night I transcribed my old 44 minute long "First Night Akron 2004" show onto my hard drive. Now I'm working on LaserBoy to be able to import that information and bust it down to simplified ILDA vector frames.

Oh yes, I guess I should also confess that OSR (mixedgas) introduced me to lasers back in October of 2003; about 2 months before "First Night Akron 2004". He also let me barrow his book, written by L. M. Roberts. I called LMR on the phone and the rest is history!

James.

Only LFI has successfully reverse engineered ADAT back to ILDA.. it's not as hard as you think (and I say this as a theory), as long as you understand the concept of anchor points, and then regenerating velocity points mathimatically.

Talking

I'm looking at all five waves, lined up in Audacity. It looks like there's a big time correcting beam dump dot that should be easy to find between every frame. The R, G, and B channels all go to zero and the X and Y stay at the same exact (analog) point for anywhere from a couple to several hundred samples in a row. Piece of cake! I just need to come up with all the right if...else if...else crap. I already have a picture in LaserBoy. It's just not framed right yet.

The trick is to be able to read the waves as streams and convert that information on-the-fly. A 44 minute ADAT tape becomes a lot of information on a hard drive. My first attempt is in the form of 3 stereo waves that total about 1.5GB. I'd like to leave that on the hard drive and just read it from start to finish without putting much of it in the RAM at a time. There will be a similar amount of information in the RAM in the form of the converted vector data. Then I can point strip and palettize that down to a minimal size and save it as fresh ILDA!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-07-2008 at 11:49.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
    Only LFI has successfully reverse engineered ADAT back to ILDA.. it's not as hard as you think (and I say this as a theory), as long as you understand the concept of anchor points, and then regenerating velocity points mathimatically.
    Pangolin has a software module that does it with a 8 track card.

Steve