Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Visuals

Anybody's got any video of the polywheel in action?

No video just yet -

How about a couple of snapshots (not great quality!!) of the combined RGB beam shot through the Poly-20 and onto a wall?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ceiling.JPG  

Wall1.JPG  

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Mark - I see you are using the Laserworld scanners - how do you rate them? Had any probs with them at all?

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

When you power up the poly20 does it calibrate itself by driving into an end stop or is there a magnetic sensor? If it is neither of these things, then there's your problem!

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    When you power up the poly20 does it calibrate itself by driving into an end stop or is there a magnetic sensor? If it is neither of these things, then there's your problem!

-Matt
    It has a magnetic sensor...

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Mark - I see you are using the Laserworld scanners - how do you rate them? Had any probs with them at all?

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Interesting story that one. I have two sets, one in my RGB and one in the green. When I bought the second set, one of the galvos was dodgy and just went to its full angle and screamed. In my half arsed troubleshooting I managed to wreck another one. But I got in touch with Martin Werner at Laserworld and he had a couple of new galvos out to me within a day.

So, I have to say the aftersales service is tip top. The scanners are not as linear as the DT40 Pro's for example. Myself and Simon were tuning them and noticed this, which makes them difficult to tune...

But having said all that, I think they are great for beams. For really tight graphics I would steer towards DT40's..

Cheers
    Mark

From the pictures the effect seems quite nice! I wonder how it looks like as beams...

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    From the pictures the effect seems quite nice! I wonder how it looks like as beams...
    Have a look at page 1 of this thread, I put some pics up of mine showing some beams...

Mark

Seems really nice!!! About 2 weeks ago I contacted Laservisuals to ask the price. At the moment it's too expensive, but I'll leave some room for it in my rgb...just in case...

I don't know if this is the wheel or something else, but I noticed in the beam pictures that the beams in most of the pictures aren't solid (there are faded areas) and some are suffering from a colour bleed (most obvious is red in the blue). Is this down to the wheel or some other problem?

One of your pics that illustrates this well is copied below: