Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sign up for SELEM 2008 here!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    There. Who had the van?
    Hmm... Now I'm beginning to think I may not be whom of which you speak.

Either way, I really hope I can pull this off. Especially now that I hear someone else is probably bringing their Mobolazer. We'll see in a few days. (waiting to hear about a last-minute booking for this weekend.)

-Jonathan

Cool

Aaron:

As it stands right now, of the members that have registered for SELEM, I believe 300Evil is in the lead for the longest distance to travel to get to the event. (He's coming from Wisconsin) Right behind him are CDBEAM and whitcher88, both from Michigan.

However, if platinum can make it, then he'll take the prize hands down for the longest commute. (Oregon is a hell of a lot farther away than Wisconsin!)

And yeah, I think Marc (Gottaluvlasers) is planning to bring his new mobolaser (if he can get it cleaned up in time) along with his 3 watt DPSS green projector. Should be fun to see!

Also, I think you've confused Platinum (Johnathan - from Oregon) with the *other* Johnathan (or 1.7 watt, as Hayden used to call him) that was at SELEM last year. (I forget the other Johnathan's user name here on PL... He doesn't post much these days, but he was the thin, fair haired dude that showed up on Sunday with George and Jeff.)

Anyway, the other Johnathan was a friend of DreamBeamz (Geroge) and Have_locked (Jeff). The "Van" you mentioned actually belonged to Have_locked. I think that other Johnathan lives in Atlanta now, but I'm not positive. I know he won't be coming this year though.

Adam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Also, I think you've confused Platinum (Johnathan - from Oregon) with the *other* Johnathan (or 1.7 watt, as Hayden used to call him) that was at SELEM last year. (I forget the other Johnathan's user name here on PL... He doesn't post much these days, but he was the thin, fair haired dude that showed up on Sunday with George and Jeff.)

Anyway, the other Johnathan was a friend of DreamBeamz (Geroge) and Have_locked (Jeff). The "Van" you mentioned actually belonged to Have_locked. I think that other Johnathan lives in Atlanta now, but I'm not positive. I know he won't be coming this year though.
    Yep, that was it. Sorry for the confussion...

My mention of having been in Atlanta previously didn't help at all.

Cool

So, any news yet on whether you'll be able to make it, Johnathan?

Adam

gents-

i will be bringing the old argon out of the mobolazer that i am re-manufacturing. the argon doesnt work however. hopefully steve (mixedgas) will have a little input on why that is?? and the housing itself is apart and being cleaned and modified. so that wont be going to SELEM. the 3W projector is coming with me though! shes up and running beautifully, just VERY dirty scanner mirrors and in need of a little TLC.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I'm almost there. I just need to land a small gig this Saturday. If not, I still might go anyway. ...if my fiancée doesn't talk some sense into me before I buy plane tickets.

-Jonathan

if my fiancée doesn't talk some sense into me before I buy plane tickets.

UMMMM.....EXCUUUUUUSE ME??????????????

don't you EVER talk that non-sense in this forum again!!!
    Lasers at ANY and ALL costs!!!

LOL, im just playin. hope you know that!

hope to see you there. bring your fiance!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ....hope to see you there. bring your fiance!

-Marc
    Now that would cost *more* than twice as much though... :-/

That's just crazy! It reminds me of when I finished up a new pair of speakers and called a friend of mine to come over and see them. He couldn't come 'cause of some crap about his wife having a baby or something.... GAWD! What is this world coming to?

JHames.