Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for SELEM 2008 here!

Talking

Booked a room and ordered a shirt!

See ya there!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-15-2008 at 10:12.

Smile

You are confirmed, James! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Adam

Question

That makes 11 correct?

I am trying to convince my friend Dean to come with me. He is very much a part of the LaserBoy story. He designed the offset-gain correction amp that I used with my first hacked sound card.

He also is a programmer. But he uses only MS Visual BASIC.

<ICH... COUGH.... GAG.... SIGH>

I've been trying to drag him toward C/C++ for 13 years now!

Anyway...

We don't collaborate on ANY code.

But, he has developed his own ideas in a program he calls LaserWave. He skipped the whole ILDA format and frames concept. His code renders all sorts of math generated abstracts with the ability to use bitmaps and waves as numerical input. He's got some pretty neat stuff that displays music waves like a Psych-O-Scope.

Since we develop code in different languages and on different platforms (LaserBoy was originally Linux) all we could share were concepts and standards. This turned out to be a fabulous development environment!

While we were both working on our projects, about 3 to 5 years ago, we made sure that each of us could use each other's output.

So the pure 24 bit waves he makes can be opened in LaserBoy and seen as ILDA and saved as whatever... As a matter of fact, I had to rely on his code as it was the only source of properly formatted 24 bit color vector information I could get my hands on!

I have invited him to join us here and I hope I can get him to come to SELEM.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-16-2008 at 19:21.

Smile

Hi James;

This "Psycho oscilloscope" thing sounds cool. A lot of hobbyist's really dig abstracts. (That's one of the things that attracted me to Pangolin.) If your pal is free that weekend, drag him to SELEM (kicking and screaming, if need be!) I'm sure he'll have a great time, and I know that everyone would enjoy seeing his software run. (Tell him that we won't pick on him too much for using Visual Basic!)

Aaron - to answer your question - yes: We have eleven people that are confirmed so far. (And it's still 3 months away!) This is shaping up to be quite the event!

Adam

PS: I'm actually on vacation this weekend - staying at a *very* nice resort in Savannah, Georgia - thanks to Madios123. (I owe you one, pal!) So I probably won't be checking messages quite as often. Will get back to normal next week though.

Well, CRAP !! <expletive, expletive, expletive......>

It looks like Uncle Sam has decided to change our training schedule once again, and scheduled a major facility inspection the same weekend as SELEM. Son of a .....

So, unless there's a favorable last-minute change, it looks like I'll miss another one. HOWEVER, I definitely want to still get the shirts and participate in the raffle, if possible!

I''ll coordinate with Buffo for a later date to pick up my shirts and all those cool prizes I'm sure to win in the raffle

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cool

Ouch... Sorry to hear that, Randy. Keep us informed of any changes to your schedule. Maybe it will still work out.

If you can't make it to SELEM, I'll mail the shirt to you.

Adam

I'm in! Paypal sent. Look foward to meeting everyone in person. I'll bring my projector if I can get on the plane with it.... Better leave the turbin at home. We'll see.
    Adam

Smile

Ok - Adam, you are confirmed! Looking forward to seeing you there. (Don't forget about the raffle, BTW. Now that you're registered you are eligible to participate...)

Adam (The other Adam!)

Hi Adam,

Sign me up for SELEM, one large shirt please. Paypal sent.

thanks bill