Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for SELEM 2008 here!

Thumbs up Sign up for SELEM 2008 here!

OK folks, SELEM 2008 is coming up soon, so I'd like to start the registration process now.

We'll be doing things a little differently this year. We're not going to charge an entry fee at the door like we did last year. This year, all you need to do to register for SELEM is to purchase an official SELEM 2008 shirt.

The shirts will be short-sleeve cotton shirts with a collar and a button or two on the front (black - same as last year), with the SELEM 2008 logo embroidered on the front. These are really nice, knit shirts! They're not some cheap jersey T-shirt, but rather something much heavier that will last a long time.

Your first shirt will cost $25, and if you want any additional shirts after that they will cost $20 a piece. Sizes available are Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, 2X Large, 3X Large, and 4X Large. For comparison, I wear an extra large and it's a bit loose on me even after I washed it several times.

All proceeds from shirt sales will be used to pay for SELEM expenses, including the rental cost of the auditorium, the labor charge to have their representative in attendance for the weekend, and any additional door prizes we decide to hand out.

All you need to do is buy a single shirt, and you're in the door. You do *not* need to buy a shirt for your guest(s) unless you want to. All PL members are allowed to bring their friends or family along, so long as they can respect the rules and be safe. Children 12 and older are OK, but they are *your* responsibility.

That single shirt purchase registers you for SELEM 2008. It also means you'll be eligible to purchase tickets for the raffle we'll be holding for the 200 mw CNI DPSS blue laser! (At an additional cost of $50 per ticket - see the link for details.) Note that you do not need to be present at SELEM 2008 in order to win that raffle. All you need to do is be registered for the event, and you do that by purchasing a shirt! (Well, I suppose you also need to have the winning ticket, but that's sort of understood!)

Door prizes will also be awarded at SELEM, but unlike the raffle, you actually need to be present in person to be eligible to win one of the door prizes. This year we'll have several prizes to offer, including a 50 mw DPSS green laser pointer, a set of ScanPro-40 scanners from LaserShowParts.com, and a set of ScanPro-20 scanners, also from LaserShowParts.com. We will also have two sets of dichros from Bridge at LaserWave, along with some more green laser pointers.

So if you're thinking about attending SELEM, reply below! We will be ordering the first round of shirts in about 3 weeks (once we finalize the logo design), so I want to get an idea as to how many shirts to order on this first go-around. (We'll do a second order right before SELEM, and of course we'll have a few extra on hand to sell to people that are at SELEM.)

In your reply, be sure to list how many shirts you want, and what sizes. I'll be accepting paypal payments at adburns@sc.rr.com if you want to use PayPal. (Credit card payments are OK.) Or, if you prefer, you can send cash, check or money order via snail mail to me at:

Adam Burns
    102 Nightingale Manor
    Charleston, SC 29418-3038

So go ahead and make your plans now! Mark out the 16th and 17th of August on your calender. Be ready for the Pre-SELEM dinner party on Friday, August 15th at 6PM at the Artist's cafe... And sign up for your official SELEM 2008 shirt now.

Adam

Edit: Guest list is as follows

300EVIL
    allthatwhichis
    buffo
    CDBeam
    dchammonds
    DZ
    Gottaluvlasers
    Hayden
    ImageLight
    James Lehman
    MechEng3
    mixedgas
    Pangolin
    Patrick Murphy
    platinum
    Stuka
    trwalters001
    whitcher88
    Last edited by buffo; 08-08-2008 at 00:30. Reason: Updated master guest list

Hi Adam,
    Put me down for one XL. Paypal on the way.
    Tim

Smile

Funds sent for two shirts....XL please. Let us know when the other raffle tix are ready....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Paypal $$ headed your way -
    (2) LARGE shirts, different colors if available.

AND -

Raffle tickets as soon as available!

Thanks!!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Tim, Randy, and Mike - you three are confirmed!

Come on, the rest of you... Get signed up now for SELEM 2008!

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Tim, Randy, and Mike - you three are confirmed!

Come on, the rest of you... Get signed up now for SELEM 2008!

Adam
    Adam, you shoudl have got a paypal from me. eXtra large shirt please

Steve

Smile

Confirmed, Steve! Got you on the list buddy...

Adam

Lightbulb 2x and 4x please...

Payment for 2 shirts sent. 2x and 4x please...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Smile

Confirmed, Aaron! You're on the list. (Will Ester be joing you again? If so, you'd better book your room at the Trott House Inn soon!)

Adam

You should have my registration as well.