Thread: North East Ohio ???

Talking North East Ohio ???

How many people here are from NEO?

I'm in Akron.

James.

cleveland here!

Talking (tiny) LaserBoy meeting in Akron

Hello jsalopeck!

I know there are many others in this area too. I've met a few! For some reason, there seems to be a nice concentration of laser geeks in NEO.

Would anyone be interested in a LaserBoy demo and meeting? I can't handle too many people here in my basement, but I sure like to show off! It gives me a goal and a deadline to come up with new tricks. Keeps me going. Much better than programming for the void.

Anyone can have the LaserBoy software for free, but this will give some people a chance to see it in action, all hooked up and working!

Bring your computer!

Bring over some art, drawn on paper and we'll scan it, vectorize it and shoot it! Maybe we'll make up some new effects to add to LaserBoy.

I also have an ADAT.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 05-04-2008 at 11:54.

wanna demo it at ohios largest club? hook your pc to my system and show me what it can do in a BIG space! I currently run fullauto myself. I own Metropolis in Cleveland. I take it you know Tom Theis of Introspective lasers or his cousin Tom?

Talking

No.

I know Rob M. and Matt P, who did the original LaserMame. I also found out that a friend of theirs now lives in Medina, in the very house that I grew up in! I lived there for about 18 years. About 18 years later, I met the guy who bought my house. I was originally introduced to these people by calling L. M. Roberts in Canada. I found his number and gave him a call. Neat guy! Rob sold me my laser system as one large used chunk.

You own Metropolis!
    WOW.

Uhhhh.. yeah!

James.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    I own Metropolis in Cleveland. I take it you know Tom Theis of Introspective lasers or his cousin Tom?
    jsalopeck! You're the guy!

I know Tom (IntrospectiveLL). He lived in Charleston for a while; at the time he was selling off most of his laser gear. (He sold a Coherent I-90 whitelight to another member here (Dream_Beamz) back in early 2006.) He mentioned back then that, while he was selling most of his gear, he still made trips up to Ohio to do some club shows in Cleveland every once in a while. You must be the guy he was working for!

I hear Tom has moved to Florida now.?. Something about his wife working on some medical research program or other... I never see or hear from him anymore. Always tried to get him to sign up here on PhotonLexicon, but I think he was doing his best to get out of lasers. (Family pressure, maybe...) But he sure had a lot of Full-Auto gear.

Another PL member (Have-Locked) purchased a modified HGM-5 multi-line argon laser from Tom... I actually looked at that laser at his house back in 2006 before he sold it, and came very close to buying it. Jeff eventually bought it from Tom and has had it for nearly 2 years now. He brought it to SELEM last August and we fired it up. Bright as hell! (3 + watts, all lines.)

Anyway, is there any chance you'll be attending SELEM 2008 this year?

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm in Akron, i'm varienced, although I do mainly hardware development now and lasers for flight simulation visualization. If you need ion repairs for your club or yag conversions, give me a call.

Steve Roberts

yeah the I-90 was in my club for a long time...we had it shooting out a small window to project on a white building next to us for advertisement. Tom and his wife are moving back to this area late this summer... he is doing good and just visited him down in miami a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    jsalopeck! You're the guy!

I know Tom (IntrospectiveLL). He lived in Charleston for a while; at the time he was selling off most of his laser gear. (He sold a Coherent I-90 whitelight to another member here (Dream_Beamz) back in early 2006.) He mentioned back then that, while he was selling most of his gear, he still made trips up to Ohio to do some club shows in Cleveland every once in a while. You must be the guy he was working for!

I hear Tom has moved to Florida now.?. Something about his wife working on some medical research program or other... I never see or hear from him anymore. Always tried to get him to sign up here on PhotonLexicon, but I think he was doing his best to get out of lasers. (Family pressure, maybe...) But he sure had a lot of Full-Auto gear.

Another PL member (Have-Locked) purchased a modified HGM-5 multi-line argon laser from Tom... I actually looked at that laser at his house back in 2006 before he sold it, and came very close to buying it. Jeff eventually bought it from Tom and has had it for nearly 2 years now. He brought it to SELEM last August and we fired it up. Bright as hell! (3 + watts, all lines.)

Anyway, is there any chance you'll be attending SELEM 2008 this year?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I'm in Akron, i'm varienced, although I do mainly hardware development now and lasers for flight simulation visualization. If you need ion repairs for your club or yag conversions, give me a call.

Steve Roberts
    i need a small red 650nm diode laser fixed. it is a marconi maxx unit and i dont have the experience to rip it apart... i can build a breadboard, get things lined up etc... but internals of any lasers.... not me!

I'm in Cleveland too, have mainly built dangerous portable lasers so far, but am working on and have most of the parts for a projector now. Great to hear so many are locals, maybe we should have a mini-meet some time.
    JS, I might be able to help with the module, give me a PM some time.
    Last edited by drlava; 05-06-2008 at 17:51.