Thread: Scanpro 30k's

Default Scanpro 30k's

ok-

havin a lil problem here...

i think (and this may sound VERY stupid...) but i think the mirrors on my scanpros are on wrong. can someone post pics of how you have yours mounted??

also, does it matter if beam enters from right or left? i feel so stupid asking these questions. something just isnt adding up with this system.

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCAN 001 copy.jpg  

SCAN 002 copy.jpg  

SCAN 004.jpg  

SCAN 005.jpg  

First thing you should do is connect the amps and power it up. Most likely, the galvo shaft is not centered in its rotation and is probably racked to one side or the other. When you apply power, they should both go to center and maybe things will make more sense. This is sorta the big difference between the scanners today and the older General Scanning scanners that had torsion bars.

Yeah, looks to me like your X galvo is not positioned right in the block. It's shoved too far in as well. Definitely needs to be backed out a bit. I'd power up the drivers like DZ suggested. If it's still hitting the non slivered surface of the mirror, flip it around.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 05-07-2008 at 18:39.

Flip it around? flip what aroound? the actual mirror? and the scanners arent actually in the mount and locked down. i just put them in there to take the pic.

im not too enthused about taking the mirror off of a brand new, non-used scanner and flipping it around. i really think thats the issue though. if it was placed on there 180 degrees of where it is now, this wouldnt be an issue.

think laser show parts would fix this for me ASAP??

-Marc

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Flip it around? flip what around? the actual mirror?
    Marc;

Apply power to the scanners and see where the mirrors center. Make a small mark on the body of the scanner with a pencil or a marker so you know where the mirror will be.

Now turn the power off. Loosen the screw that is holding the scanner in place and rotate the scanner in the mount until the mark you made is at roughly a 45 degree angle to the beam path. Tighten the screw to hold the scanner in place.

Now apply power again and see what you get.

You shouldn't need to change the mirror. You *might* need to swap the galvos in the mount. (Put the bottom one in the top and vice versa.) This is sometimes an issue when you take a set of scanners that were installed for left-side beam entry and you need to switch the mount around for right-side beam entry. But try the above procedure first and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

You are correct in that the first-surface mirror side needs to be the one that the beam strikes. (For *both* galvos.)
    im not too enthused about taking the mirror off of a brand new, non-used scanner and flipping it around.
    You won't have to do that! There is a combination of scanner orientation that will work; trust me!

Adam

Hehe, I had about the same issue with my scanpro20.

however, to turn the mirror 180deg so that the frontsurface mirror is up, you can turn your galvo 180deg, it will NOT change your picture upsidedown or whatever. Although your gutfeeling tells you it will flip, doesnt it

If I look at your picture, you would need to do :
    1. swap x and y galvo's, and do not tighten the screws yet
    (because I see that your galvo plugs are looking at each other.)
    you can also turn the Y-galvo 180 degrees, but then his plug will hit the rod when I look at the picture). So, just swap X and Y.
    2. put power on the galvo's so they take their zero position.
    3. turn the galvo bodies so their frontsurface mirror faces the good side in a 45 deg angle.

So, NEVER take the mirror of for this type of problem, it can always be solved by switching galvo's and turning them 180 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Flip it around? flip what aroound? the actual mirror? and the scanners arent actually in the mount and locked down. i just put them in there to take the pic.

im not too enthused about taking the mirror off of a brand new, non-used scanner and flipping it around. i really think thats the issue though. if it was placed on there 180 degrees of where it is now, this wouldnt be an issue.

think laser show parts would fix this for me ASAP??

-Marc
    Yeah, "it" as in the galvo body, not the mirror! Sorry for the confusion. Once you find the home position of the galvo mirror, everything will be easy to line up then.