That was fun.

I've spent a bit of time reading the thread that Gary started "To the laser show software companies". I feel a little better about myself. I see that I am not the only egomaniac in this bunch. Geeeeeeez!

I get it now. There is no point in using math, logic or reason when discussing the ILDA file format issue.

I personally believe that the value of intellectual property should be collected by a person as it is coming from said person. If I am performing music or writing code or making a painting I can only sell once, I'm good with that. I think that puts a lot of great stuff into the sphere of human knowledge. I am pretty confident that I am good enough at what I do, and that it is sufficiently complex as a skill, that I can always make a good living doing stuff. I guess that's why I am not a millionaire.

Yes. I have a huge ego. I love developing LaserBoy. It is a place for me; a universe. It makes sense. I want it to be perfect. I want to take you inside and show you around. When you see it and enjoy it, that is my million dollars. That is _really_ why LaserBoy is open source. I think it is beautiful, and I want everyone to see it. Plus, I want to rule the Earth.

James.