Thread: What'd I win?

Default What'd I win?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007

It was $9.99 and $25 for shipping. I think I know the part that made it worth buying, at least I think that is what it is... I am hoping it is an AOM. Can anyone confirm this for me? I think it is the little box with the RF connector on it that the hene beam goes right after the first bounce. The RF cable goes to another box that has another RF input.

It also has a couple of nice mirrors and what I think are focusing lenses. Something that could be used as a shutter, and a whole bunch of screws. O, and one of those 6 sided mirror things.

The hene is a 2mW JDS. Can anyone enlighten me on which wires on the hene get hooked to what? The PSU says 120V .55a, but there are 4 wires. One is a big red one with a fuse... I have an idea about that one. Then there is a yellow, green, and smaller red.

I'd like to see if I can get what I think is an AOM to work on my TTL blue. I know there is a bit of loss, but it would be cool to see how well it worked.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yeah, definitely an AOM, looks like you get the driver too! That's an old scanner assy pulled from a laser copier/printer. Unfortunately I missed out on the gas laser days of copiers. All we have now is a bunch of weak IR laser diodes. Maybe one day they'll figure out a good reason to use DPSS lasers!

I bought one of these several years ago. It's definitely an AOM. I don't know how well it'll work at 473nm, but it's worth a try!

Tim

In addition to the AOM and driver, solenoid shutter, mirrors, that black lens tube with perhaps the lens next to it looks like it could be used as a beam expander/shrinker.
    nice find!