Thread: Where to buy a Laser Module

Default Where to buy a Laser Module

I have been looking into buying a single laser module on ebay.
    Where could I buy one here in the UK?
    Something Green around 1 watts power.

I have a nice laser table with a pair of 20'000k galvos sitting on it but no Laser.
    My Son brought it off ebay.

I have terrible worries about buying one from China on ebay.
    Usual worries. Spend £1000 for one and it never turns up. or when it does turn up you get a 50mw candle.
    Its alittle far to go and chase it up if its no good.

The very best advice I could give you is to contact Rob (Stanwax) on this forum. He is the UK agent for Laserwave lasers.

Bridge (of Laserwave) is a well respected member of this forum and they make good reliable lasers at a decent price. If you have any problems (unlikely) with a Laserwave laser either Rob or Bridge will see you get it sorted out quickly and efficiently.

Regards

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by apdevelopments View Post
    I have been looking into buying a single laser module on ebay.
    Where could I buy one here in the UK?
    Something Green around 1 watts power.

I have a nice laser table with a pair of 20'000k galvos sitting on it but no Laser.
    My Son brought it off ebay.

I have terrible worries about buying one from China on ebay.
    Usual worries. Spend £1000 for one and it never turns up. or when it does turn up you get a 50mw candle.
    Its alittle far to go and chase it up if its no good.

Contact Bridge of LASERWAVE.
    Hi is situated in china and verry trustworthy.
    He has Dealers in th UK (i think STANWAX) that sell fine lasers.

Thanks for the Kudos chaps.
    As the boys state I am the UK Agent for Laser-Wave and we can supply you with whatever you need in green up to 2W currently. The products are getting a reputaion for quality and Bridges aim is to rise to be considered the best from China. All the lasers are very generous in power for example I took a delivery today of a number of modules and there is a 300mW green in there doing a cool 480mW stable after warm up.
    Most of all we will be here to support you if you have a problem.
    Drop me a PM or an email from the site www.laser-wave.co.uk if you want any info.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes, I can confirm the quality of both Laser-Wave's products and customer service!
    Go for it without any doubt ;-)

All the best!
    Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    All the lasers are very generous in power for example I took a delivery today of a number of modules and there is a 300mW green in there doing a cool 480mW stable after warm up.

How much do they go for the 300's that you mention? because maybe a 500mw would do me if there the efficient.

laser wave was actually just doing a special on the 300mw lasers for 600 dollars usd

(this was a few weeks ago on their home page so dont quote me on this.)
    Last edited by thesk8nmidget; 10-28-2008 at 15:41.
    -Josh

Post removed due to thesk8nmidgets clarification on a expired offer.
    Rob
    Last edited by stanwax; 10-28-2008 at 15:59.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

If you are going to go chinese i have heard nothing but rave reviews about CNI but they are not too cheap guy, CNI has a live chat and will talk you up during whatever normal business hours are.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.