Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New software: Vextractor with ILDA output format

Thumbs up

Hi,

The download link for the full version of Vextractor is http://www.vextrasoft.com/vex/test/vextr395full.exe

Xxx

Default Blender

Blender may be running in Linux in those screenshots, but you can get a windows version which has the same functionality. Scripts are written in Python, so no problem there.

Where can I get the plugin...?

Quote Originally Posted by pbolger View Post
    Blender may be running in Linux in those screenshots, but you can get a windows version which has the same functionality. Scripts are written in Python, so no problem there.

Where can I get the plugin...?
    Nowhere at the moment... As said above, I won't release it until some more bugs are removed and some platform dependencies (which prevent it running in windows) are resolved...

@James:
    It's coded in Python, using some python libraries (some of them aren't available for windows at the moment) so in theory it runs under every OS...

I think Vextractor is not saving the vectors correctly for ILDA Format after the vectorization, because I made several attempts with some images and the viewers of ILDA files, showed black screens, unless it is necessary to do some configuration or setting that I don't know, therefore I request assistance of somebody that already got Vextractor to work correctly.

Carlos

It's a pain in arse to do a vector conversion in Vextractor. I import a bmp....bmp made of single lines! When I convert, it converts anything but those lines. I took me about 20 minutes to do so so conversion. Yes it can convert and it saves to ILDA ok but conversion process is so painful that it's practically useless. TraceIt does everything in real time.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Hi TL,

good to see that you have that blender stuff working.
    I might be able to help you with point placement. I built some development tools, one of which is capable of transporting svg format into ilda. Most of my laser-time went into developing the point placement algorithm and after tweaking all its parameters I feel that it is pretty good and efficient.

Unfortunately I lack time to complete this stuff - and it only works under certain conditions that would make it a pain for non-developers. However, if you are able to export the 3d animations from blender into svg taking into account those condition (e.g. only using path commands (=spline) ) my stuff will turn it into an ilda file. I geared my compatibility towards inkscape - they added some commands to svg for beautiful color gradients.

Inkscape is a great tool for drawing, it allows multiple layers that my tool interprets as different frames. So a single file can contain an entire animation.

Let me know if interested.

Inkscape works even now. Save drawing as DXF import into Laserboy and here we go ILDA file.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Sweeeeeeeeet!

James.

Vextractor does'nt save ILDA correctly it seems...
    Best way to import into LDS PicEdit is by saving vectors to .xyz-Format and
    then load the file with "Open PLT" in PicEdit.

Hi,

I asked Vextrasoft Mike to write some good advice about the software here.
    For him lasers and ILDA is totally new for him, so give him a chance to make it work.