Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New software: Vextractor with ILDA output format

Smile New software: Vextractor with ILDA output format

Is this the break-through in laser land?

Vextrasoft presents Vextractor with ILDA output format !!!!
    Version 3.95 is released a few days ago.
    http://www.vextrasoft.com

Most of us don''t have Pa$&%lin's TraceIt, so this is the change to convert your (own) pictures to the .ILD format.

Xxxx Audrey

Nice! Once the settings are right it does a decent job..
    This one was exported as DXF, edited with a vector editing program, and turned into an ilda with LaserBoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drlava; 05-13-2008 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by MambaFreak View Post
    Is this the break-through in laser land?

Vextrasoft presents Vextractor with ILDA output format !!!!
    Version 3.95 is released a few days ago.
    http://www.vextrasoft.com

Most of us don''t have Pa$&%lin's TraceIt, so this is the change to convert your (own) pictures to the .ILD format.

Xxxx Audrey
    W00t.... Now I have to convince Illustrate! to make ILDA output for their 3dsmax cartoonizer software. Plus if someone makes ILDA output for inkscape and blender we would be set and finally there will be more shows.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Interesting. I need to check this out more. Could be the answer I have been looking for.

Thumbs up

The download at Vextrasoft is just a demo version with some restrictions.
    PM me for a Full Version of Vextractor. (Shareware-time limited)

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    W00t.... Now I have to convince Illustrate! to make ILDA output for their 3dsmax cartoonizer software. Plus if someone makes ILDA output for inkscape and blender we would be set and finally there will be more shows.
    I'm working on a blender plugin, it's doing already a lot of things (animation support, mapping colors to LDS palettes or output truecolor ilda files, adding corner repeat points, etc) but there are still some issues, so it's not released until now...

A screenshot of blender:

a screenshot of the resulting ilda file in lds (running under linux):

wow, I'm so happy to see development of laser-related software for use in the free open source environment (blender). Up until recently so much has been expensive/propritetary, positioning to keep the hens in the fold, etc. With your plugin (when it is released), new worlds will be available. If you are approached for a 'buyout' by a closed software vendor intent on lock-in and preventing open standard export, I sure hope you consider the impact your work can have if it is allowed to remain useable to everyone - beginners and experts alike - in the laser hobby/business.

Fantastic!
    TL is master of his business!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    wow, I'm so happy to see development of laser-related software for use in the free open source environment (blender). Up until recently so much has been expensive/propritetary, positioning to keep the hens in the fold, etc. With your plugin (when it is released), new worlds will be available. If you are approached for a 'buyout' by a closed software vendor intent on lock-in and preventing open standard export, I sure hope you consider the impact your work can have if it is allowed to remain useable to everyone - beginners and experts alike - in the laser hobby/business.
    I couldn't have said it better! This is something I would love to get into, and I can see the long term benefits (an army of people creating great frames for sharing, using fffrreeeeware!!!)

-Mike

I think it's pretty awesome that you are using Linux, but...

Have you considered using a multiplatform development environment so that you can release a system that runs in any modern OS?

James.