Thread: Osls Beam Splitters

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Cool Osls Beam Splitters

I needed to split a laserscope KTP532 model 720 (532 nm, 28 watts avearge , ~7 nanoseconds per pulse, qswitched) into two beams for a fiber fed show. There was no time to order a high power optic from say CVI, Fred at One Stop Laser Shop was kind enough to send me a 25 by 25 mm piece of 50/50 all lines splitter and a simlar piece of 75/25 for test in the ktp at full power at 45 degrees.

It withstood full power no problem. I did not test at other wavelengths, but it was 50/50 within the error of my thermal power meter at 8 watts cw @ 532.

The next test was the dreaded fingerprint test, passed, no problem, no damage under 10X magnification @ 15 minutes of blast, on both sides. Back side is AR COATED! No nasty 4% fresnel ghost to cause scattering problems.

Thermal blooming at full power, none noted, but looking at a 28 meter spot 10 meters away its hard to tell.

The final test will be the 3 hour long show. I'll let you guys know, but certainly for lesser power, NO problems, excellent material.

Amanda shipped it by 4 pm the same day as the order, nice that there was no delay

I will be ordering more for my more sedate argon and solid state beam tables.

Steve Roberts

OSLS has been really good in customer service since their buy out of NML

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The final test will be the 3 hour long show. I'll let you guys know, but certainly for lesser power, NO problems, excellent material.

final results:
    about 15 hours worth of full power KTP blast, no problems, great stuff.

Steve