Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drawng guru's help?

Default drawng guru's help?

please see this video

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ava-Saeco1.flv

i just love this effect the way the dot (points) sweap in, do a really nice ripple then the dots sweap out, one after the other.

ive been trying to recreate this for about 2 weeks using the fb3 but its not happening.

can anyone help?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

You don't need to draw anything. That entire sequence can be accomplished with one animated ILDA file and two move effects. Start with an animated sine wave that has the individual hot spots for the beams. Slide the wave in from the right. Let it animate a while, then slide it back out the way it came in.

If you want the beams to fan out, then in addition to using the move effect, start with the X size set to zero and as the wave is sliding into position, ramp the x size up to 100%. Then do the reverse on the way out.

No need to get fancy trying to hand draw stuff like that... That's what the effects are for.

Adam

i can do the animating i think?!

but you cant draw a curved line in the fb3 software, it doesnt have the option. plus adding the points in the middle of the time i cant do either

if someone could do that part for me i can do the rest
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

In Moncha I think you could do it with the disrupt effect. That would make the waves. Isn't there anything like that in the Pangolin stuff?

sadly not and i cant convert things from moncha to ilda!

i can do a wavey line by hand but it looks really really crap!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

There are a number of sine wave ilda files on the FTP server. SINLIN.ild or SINLIN2.ild should work for starters, though you'd want to add extra points at equal distances to get the "spokes" effect.

The wavesJS.ild and bigwave.ild files would work too, but again you'd need to add the extra dwell points.

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by buffo; 05-19-2008 at 13:37.

awesome will take a look at them many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    please see this video

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ava-Saeco1.flv

i just love this effect the way the dot (points) sweap in, do a really nice ripple then the dots sweap out, one after the other.

ive been trying to recreate this for about 2 weeks using the fb3 but its not happening.

can anyone help?
    I use the same effect. My system is algorithm and math based so it's easy for me to do anything without drawing much but I can't transform it to ILDA
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There are a number of sine wave ilda files on the FTP server. SINLIN.ild or SINLIN2.ild should work for starters, though you'd want to add extra points at equal distances to get the "spokes" effect.

The wavesJS.ild and bigwave.ild files would work too, but again you'd need to add the extra dwell points.

Adam
    many thanks the ftp doesnt seem to be working gret for me tonihgt?!

I use the same effect. My system is algorithm and math based so it's easy for me to do anything without drawing much but I can't transform it to ILDA
    shame, hopefully i can do it myself
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

OK - I edited my post and attached those 4 files in a zip archive. That should get you started...

Adam