Thread: Lumia Projector build...

Default Lumia Projector build...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	770.6 KB 
ID:	36391

I've now almost completed collecting all the bits and pieces I need for my lumia projector build. A small sample of some of the stuff is shown in the photo. Now I just need to get the design clear in my head before I start putting it all together.

I would welcome any hints and tips / do's and don't s that will save me making stupid mistakes along the way. Also, if you have found a method for doing something that gives excellent results please post and this thread can serve as a tutorial for others to benefit from. I would love to get some old school ideas in here also.

I have some 12v DC 1rpm motors, and I need to get these down to 1/4 rpm, maybe even slower. Feeding them lower voltages works to some extent, but they tend to stall at very low speeds. I'm currently trying a PWM controller, but even that can't really get them slow enough. I figure. The only way I'm going to get really slow is to use a pulley/belt system to alter the ratios without losing torque.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Here's a write up from my lumia build. Maybe it will be helpful.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...mi+makes+lumia

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	770.6 KB 
ID:	36391

I've now almost completed collecting all the bits and pieces I need for my lumia projector build. A small sample of some of the stuff is shown in the photo. Now I just need to get the design clear in my head before I start putting it all together.

I would welcome any hints and tips / do's and don't s that will save me making stupid mistakes along the way. Also, if you have found a method for doing something that gives excellent results please post and this thread can serve as a tutorial for others to benefit from. I would love to get some old school ideas in here also.

I have some 12v DC 1rpm motors, and I need to get these down to 1/4 rpm, maybe even slower. Feeding them lower voltages works to some extent, but they tend to stall at very low speeds. I'm currently trying a PWM controller, but even that can't really get them slow enough. I figure. The only way I'm going to get really slow is to use a pulley/belt system to alter the ratios without losing torque.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Cheers

Jem

Damn... I have to get myself a new memory. I'd forgotten that you'd documented your build in a thread. Many thanks for jogging my terrible memory, it was an inspiration to read that again
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001