Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nd:YAG 1064nm cutting laserhead, searching for info

Default nd:YAG 1064nm cutting laserhead, searching for info

Hi all!

Wasnt any category that really fittied this but i give it a try here.

Have a quite big and heavy laserhead attached to a similar big flashlamp nd:YAG laser but i cant find any information on this head like how to control it and so on.
    The info that is on the head is this:

Type: SK1010
    Sn: 992

The manufacturer is printed but the name has been scraped of a little so only SC in seen. It might very well be Scanlab but im not sure because i cant find any that looks like this and no info either, and worst case so is this a custom part so no info is to be found.

The optics in from Rodenstock but i dont think that might help.

Anyone that might have any info at all? I have the software but it seem like i need some apparatus to been able to control it and there is a normal parallel connection on it (most likely not with the same connection standards) used with computers. But if i would know what signals to control it with and what voltage it would need so could i maybe talk to it that way instead.

Regards Henry

Do you have a picture of the laser system? That will help identify it.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

It probably is a printer port. Most marking and etching systems built around a standard PC look like a printer to the PC. Do you have some pictures of the unit?
    The Frothy Chimp
    Cynic Extraordinaire
    Back off man, I'm a scientist

Good whiskey, fine cigars, long legged women and blues guitar.
    That's what I like.

The strong shall stand, the weak shall fall by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
    Type: SK1010
    Sn: 992
    Hi Henry,

If it is a red box, this is a Scanlab SK1010 scan head as you suggest, at least ten years old. The Rodenstock lens is an "F-theta" lens for tangent correction which produces a flat focal plane. Although it uses the same physical connector, the D-25 connector is definitely *not* a parallel (printer) port connector. The manual will tell you what signals are required, typically 15V power and X-Y positioning signals. Here is a copy of the manual for Scanlab SK1014 which I have here, and Scanlab may be able to provide you with a copy of the manual for your scan head.

http://external.weartronics.com/Manual_SK1014_SN694.pdf

Best regards,

weartronics
    Last edited by weartronics; 05-31-2009 at 20:06.

Agreed, that is not a printer port! Definitely the control connector.
    The Frothy Chimp
    Cynic Extraordinaire
    Back off man, I'm a scientist

Good whiskey, fine cigars, long legged women and blues guitar.
    That's what I like.

The strong shall stand, the weak shall fall by the wayside.

weartronix: its not red its black but and it looks exactly like the one in the pdf, thank a lot for that! They might have different colors? Although still searching for what signals to control it with, ill think i will try to contact Scanlab but i actually dont think i will be lucky but i have been wrong before. What is the different between SK1014 and my SK1010?

Yes i know its the control connector just said it looked like a parallel/printer port so you all would know how it would look like. And the thing that looked scraped did i now see was only some very thin dark tape that had been put there so perfect so you couldnt see that unless you were really close to it which i now was. And yes under the tape so did it say Scanlab so that was good to know.

Would be darn funny to be able to control this head from the computer, or in any way at all for that sake. And also maybe even get som life from the laser some day.

This is how the head look like and it has the same dimensions as in the pdf:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails galvo.jpg  

galvo2.jpg  

Forgot this picture, sorry for the quality but this was taken with an old camera some time ago and couldnt take a new one right now, will be later in that case. The whole system looks like this and the laser is 6 foot long:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YAG.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
    Forgot this picture, sorry for the quality but this was taken with an old camera some time ago and couldnt take a new one right now, will be later in that case. The whole system looks like this and the laser is 6 foot long:
    Interesting... I am rebuilding a similar LASER here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?p=89045

Thats highly interesting to say the least! I will follow that thread for sure, thanks for that tip!

I would sayt that the Q-SWITCH is at the OC side, but I may be wrong