Thread: qm2000.net worked perfectly

Default qm2000.net worked perfectly

Hi to all,
    Recently just a few weeks ago we performed a large show in a soccer stadium in Romania for the Final Cup ( The big match of the year ) At the show we had 8 qmnets with accompying Lasers around the perimiter of the stadium with all the lasers facing inwards to the pitch. We ran indusrtial Sftp cable around the exterior of the field and placed a switch at each laser point. We basically had three main network directions Left run, right run and one high up above and behind the control area. these three networks all connected back to a central switch where we had the sound system and computer. This is a note to say well it worked perfectly without a single crash or failure. we had in Total 500 Meters of Network cable and 9 switches in all. The weather at the location was constantly changing from wind to rain to a nice warm day. Oh lasers we had 4 x 10watt 532nm 1 x 50wRGB, 3x25w RGB and what seamed like millions of smoke machines. Oh for the DMX we used wireless from wirelessdmx.com to 4 destinations and a small sgm pilot for smoke control. If anyone of you get to do such a large thing and need some advice just get in touch. Andy

a video of the show but not super quality is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvSEWu8cb4U and yes we had some of the rgb colours not perfectly aligned.

shame you cant make out whats what on the video.

looked like an awesome show
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Tell me about it, i was so stretched for time i forgot video and had to resort to a little digital camera.

WOW Andy ......

So thats 165 watts of lasers scanning the crowd ....

did you buy the Health and safety guys a case of Scotch each

but seriously .... are there any regulations in Romainia or is it just a free for all ?

cant see anyone here in the UK getting away with that

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    So thats 165 watts of lasers scanning the crowd ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsTH...eature=related

That's 2x 15W R/G/B and about 6x 25W B/Y/G (Blue, Yellow, Green), all scanning the crowd. Nobody died there (well, not because of the lasers, maybe because of using all those drugs)..

Nice job Andy! I just did a national television-show last week, I will try to post some pictures soon (also QM2000.NET next to the projector, CAT5 cable to the FOH).

Thumbs up

Andy,

Great Job !!!

Is there any chance you would be willing to share some pictures of your RGB equipment?

Jim