Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCANPRO20K + DMX board from lasershowparts

Default Cool thought a much more expensive item Thanks for wordup headed to walmart

Do you have a make model description so I can check their inventory by phone Thanks From Frank!!
    P.S worse not candles but citronella smoke coils PU
    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Citronella candles? Yuck!

Just go to walmart and buy a fog machine for $35. It will be more than enough for an indoor show. Fog machines are cheap.

Adam
    Last edited by frank_1257; 06-11-2008 at 01:03.

do you have source on a cheap decent new or used preferrably surplus 300mw red laser module and driver? Thanks in advance!!

Dear XNTRIX I suspect your lasers blanking signal is a different voltage than mine , aziz of Houston TX specified it as a 5volt analog ttl blanking laser

Default Anyone using scanpro20 in a RGY seup please advise (BODY)

how your test preprogrammed DMX driven images are displaying without a blue component, and whether you have any yellow component in these images . Thanks a million I know XNTRIX would love to answer after resolving blanking issue.

Dear Dave. I looked that over that die4drive board itlooks like a great fix for XNTRIX I guess you just measure your lasers current MAX IC lasing current trash the driver and get a small power supply and adjust drivers max current to match? do you have any solutions to use blanking in mono or rgy laser so images from test animations are not partially clipped?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by frank_1257 View Post
    Do you have a make model description
    Here's a link to one for just $25...

Not Walmart though. (Wally world usually stocks them around Halloween, but evidently that's too far away for now. They don't list any on their website yet.)

Here's a deal for one on Amazon. $40 including shipping. I've used this one before, and had good luck with it.

They're both cheap units, but they'll work well enough for the average hobbyist.

Adam

Default DMX switches

Another question:
    In the switch settings for the DMX board, I see ON and OFF - does the * symbol mean "don't care" , or something else?
    I still can't quite seem to match the switch settings for what actually happens.
    Also, is there any way to slow down the switch between displayed images?
    For instance, the moon face etc are displayed for a fraction of a second before changing. Thanks, Regards, David (getting there slowly!)

Thanks to Buffo on Fog Machine Sourcing. I must warn ALL by word of mouth that clarion lasers of Canada, a seemingly large and reputable company in Canada who is liquidation both new and used lasers and service parts for them, is apparently disreputable, based on my recent experience and engages in baiting and switching and substitution of auction items, Please warn others to use due caution with this outfit clarion-amt, they just screwed me on a $500 order of commercial KTP crystals today I am really pissed.

HiV --

It looks like you are plugged into the blanking port on a DX driver module for the green laser. Will this system control two lasers for RGY or RGB ?? The blanking port on my DX is TTL -- I assume yours is the same.

Mike

PS: What is shipping typically to the midwest USA?
    Last edited by Hemlock Mike; 06-16-2008 at 17:06.

Default wow

I hope one day i can too make a set-up like yours mike niceeee
    RPL 532 375 -388 average 500+ peak
    RPL 473 25mw perty
    Nova X-100 121 mw average
    Infinity 95 115 average
    Dyi bluray-115 ma-?average
    Dr-lava leadlight 85 mw average
    808nm handheld 230 mw
    6x labby 405nm 200mw