Thread: Weird DMX problem

Default Weird DMX problem

Ok, I'm having a bit of a DMX issue with this Logic Systems board. If you watch the video at this link: http://www.dzelaser.com/DMX.MPG you can see whats going on with the LED's that I've attached to the DMX controller. I'm currently using Live!, I have assigned each channel to a note on the keyboard, however, it seems that no matter what I do, the DMX controller channels 8 and 9 turn on together. Flipping the test switch on the DMX controller eliminates about 1/2 of the DMX controller as being the problem since the channels work the way they should with the test switches. I doubt that the problem is with Live!, but I guess you never know. I did change the output assignments in showtime for port A to start at a higher number and port B to follow, yet DMX channel 8 and 9 still follow each other. I pulled the board out and went over it as best I could, there are no solder bridges and all the components 'look' fine. Anyone else here use DMX with Live!?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[the way they should with the test switches. I doubt that the problem is with Live!, but I guess you never know. I did change the output assignments in showtime for port A to start at a higher number and port B to follow, yet DMX channel 8 and 9 still follow each other. I pulled the board out and went over it as best I could, there are no solder bridges and all the components 'look' fine. Anyone else here use DMX with Live!?[/QUOTE]

Talk to Karl at LaserWizardry, I've PMed you his phone #. We just did the "Gig from Hell" with pangolin DMX, it has quite a learning curve. Gig problems were not really pango's fault, but it is not intuitive. Use the test switches on the logic systems card, see if your channels are "tied" electrically. Seems after Craig left not all cards are created equal.

Steve