Thread: New Flashback

Default New Flashback

I got a Flashback 3 a few days ago and replaced my Norm's DAC with it. What a great product! So far I am only doing TTL green, but even with that, the included shows are stunning. I downloaded Andy_con's shows from the FTP site (thank you) and ran them. Good work! I have got to learn how to do that with all this new software that came with my FB3.
    Speaking of software, LA Studio apps runs great on my XP machine, but all of them puke when I try to run them on my Win ME machine. It is a PII 400 and yes, I moved the projector to it. Live Quick does run.
    One more odd thing. I read on a thread here that I should not use the external power supply when connected to USB. Mine does not ever run unless it is connected to the external 5V

Read the forums again. It's stated that you can solder a jumper somewhere and then the FB3 is usb powered. At that point, you do NOT want to connect an external +5V supply.

Oh yeah. I think I remember seeing that somewhere. This works fine for me now.