Thread: Argon Laser and power supply

Default Argon Laser and power supply

I'm considering purchasing a used LASOS LGK 7872 ML02 Argon Laser, but it doesn't come with the power supply. I see for sale a used Uniphase Model 2113 power supply. http://www.midwest-laser.com/2110ps.pdf Would they likely work together? I apologize for my noobiness. Also, what does it mean that the power supply operates on a 200-240 Vac power source and what can I do about it? Do you know of a better power supply for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance for your prompt help!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I'm considering purchasing a used LASOS LGK 7872 ML02 Argon Laser, but it doesn't come with the power supply. I see for sale a used Uniphase Model 2113 power supply. http://www.midwest-laser.com/2110ps.pdf Would they likely work together? I apologize for my noobiness. Also, what does it mean that the power supply operates on a 200-240 Vac power source and what can I do about it? Do you know of a better power supply for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance for your prompt help!
    200-240 VAC means its origionally for europe, with their line voltage being 2X US or Canadian. It will run on a electric stove plug (220V) in the US.
    Although the connectors used may be the same, only LASOS can tell you if the 7872 would run on the 2113. I have a chance of getting it working, but I have been doing this since 1988. For a beginner, you can do better, wait a while.

Steve Roberts

Thank you for the info. I'm sad now. According to the LASOS materials, it puts out 452nm light, indigo/blue. It would be the only way I could afford a blue laser. (Both items together come to less than $200). Oh well, maybe I'll find something better.
    Last edited by Minerva; 05-22-2008 at 15:32.

Ah, the eBay ones, right? The connectors aren't the same, so unless you have a high knowledge of the inner circuitry, they are incompatible.