Thread: Which power of laser

Default Which power of laser

Which power of laser would we need to create this laser show???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7Eu...eature=related

We need lasers for medium sized events for about 300-1000 persons.

youre looking at at least 3 different laser systems there. 2 yags on the ends and a white light in the middle. actually re-watching it now...looks like some fiber head projections also.

2 greens on the end i would say are in the 3 WATT range. white light in the middle probably in the 3-5 WATT range.

what are you looking to do? a nightclub installation? or mobile?

-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    youre looking at at least 3 different laser systems there. 2 yags on the ends and a white light in the middle. actually re-watching it now...looks like some fiber head projections also.

2 greens on the end i would say are in the 3 WATT range. white light in the middle probably in the 3-5 WATT range.

what are you looking to do? a nightclub installation? or mobile?

-Marc
    I would like to use it on medium indoor events, weddings.....and yes it will be mobile.

What you think about LASERWORLD REVOLUTION or PRO series???

Smile

Hi Tomy.
    And Hi to all!!!
    I am a new user of this wonderful Forum. I am writing from Italy.

Well...
    I already have RS-800 RGY and PRO-400 RGY.
    What I have to tell you about them?

Effective scanspeed is good (even if not for high professional use): around 20Kpps for PRO-400 RGY and around 30Kpps for RS-800 RGY (watch out... my RS 800 device is a special one: It coming from an "hybrid" series, because its scansepeed is higher than declared: is around 50Kpps, Proline scanners drivers... but usually RS series has 35 Kpps. I tell you more: the flightcase is marked as PRO-800 RGY as you can see onto picture attached).
    This scan values coming from tests I done by my software: Showeditor 2007 from Laserworld.
    My PRO-400 RGY hasn't a circular red spot: it is a rectangle about 5 x 8 mm; green spot is very good and brighting. This means that, while you are making a yellow figure, the "surplus" of red edge is always little bit visible.
    I have to tell that my PRO device is an "old" PRO series, with scanspeed at 45Kpps max. Now speed is higher: 50 Kpps.
    At the end of all, price of device is good for quality and performances.

RS-800 RGY is practically the double of PRO-400 RGY.
    Two red laser at 650 nm (300+300 mW) and one 300 mW green. The total guaranted power is 700 mW.

I used PRO-400 inside a 300 square meters room, with a couple of 250 W scanners (halogen) and three mine others lasers. Only a small smoke machine (not too much smoke) Final result: sufficient.

Other story for RS-800 RGY. Its power is higher and colors appears better than its smallest brother (PRO-400). I think RS-800 can be used inside 400 sq. mtrs. room with fully satisfaction.

Now there are new models of RS and PRO series available. Take a look onto Laserworld Website.

If you want to ask me more, will be a pleasure for me to answer to your questions best I can.

Sorry for my ugly English..... it is little bit... "rusted"...
    Cheers from Italy.
    Steve

Very nice from you what has assigned your experience with laserworld product.

Do you maybe have a picture or video of laser show with your laser `s???
    And are they flicker free?

THNX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tomy364 View Post
    Very nice from you what has assigned your experience with laserworld product.
    Do you maybe have a picture or video of laser show with your laser `s???
    And are they flicker free?
    THNX
    Hi Tomy.
    I'm sorry but at the present I haven't any video of my lasershow. This is because I haven't a video-camera recorder...
    Anyway...
    If you would like to see some pictures coming from one of my beamshow...

http://stevemilani.myblog.it/album/31_dicembre_2007/

and click over the photo to open the album.
    Please, note:
    - Sorry for low quality and small dimensions.
    - You can see few poeple only because I toke photos at the end of dancing party (otherwise it should have been too much difficult for me... more than 100 people inside the room which is around 280 sq. meters...).

Description of light devices in all photos, fom left side to right:
    a) Eurolite scanner 250W (DMX);
    b) Laserworld CS-200mW Green (ILDA);
    c) Laserworld PRO-400 RGY (350mW) (ILDA);
    d) Laserworld EL-200mW RGY (DMX);
    e) Laserworld EL-80mW Green (DMX);
    f) Eurolite scanner 250W (DMX).

- ILDA Software used: Laserworld "Showeditor 2007", with n°2 Laserworld USB-box (Lumax drivers).
    - Eurolite "DMX Operator-192 channels".
    - Smoke machines: n°2 Antari, 500W each.

Now I am waiting that my RS-800 RGY come back to me from Laserworld Service. This is because, after few minutes only (just the time to take photos you saw in my last post) has fired one of two red diodes.
    I know... I have to be patient.... Sometimes it can happen...
    Obviously device is under warranty!

My next laser device should be 1W green by Laser-Wave, hopefully 45-50 Kpps scan. I am already saving money for this... "forbidden dream".
    Biggest problem could be to find 8-10 or 12 mm. aluminium plate for optical bank.
    Somewhere (I can't remember where) I saw a plexiglass plate, around 10-12 mm. thickness, used for to assembly the optical bank. Is this a good solution? It is good as lightness.... but... what about cooling effects for laser head and its PSU?

That's all mate!
    Spicy pizza, cold beer and...Cheers!
    Steve.

p.s. Where are you living from?

Quote Originally Posted by tomy364 View Post
    Which power of laser would we need to create this laser show???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7Eu...eature=related

We need lasers for medium sized events for about 300-1000 persons.
    Is this the first time you will be working with lasers?
    If so, I would not recommending jumping to performing payed shows with this kind of power at once.

Do you have any kind of experience with lasers?

all the best
    FourDee

Yes, it will be my first time to work with lasers.
    I have looked HB-LASER system, LOBO and LASERWORLD.

HB laser and LOBO are expensive and LASERWORLD have good price but I affraid to spend money for bad product.

I have looked LOBO laser show and it look wonderful.

Does LASER world pro series enough good for 300-500 sqm shows.
    I mean on graphic, logos, waves, tunnels and they must be flicker free!!??

Which power of laser do you suggest(one color-green, RGB)???

I have found that LASER WORLD pro have scanspeed 45k pps or 50k pps, is that enough???
    And could I change 45kps with 60kps kit???

BEST REGARDS

Smile

Hi Tomy.
    I've seen all these lasers in action, at S.I.B. International in Rimini (Italy) last May 5th.
    You said right.
    Lobo are really very expansive, but its quality is higher.
    HB is very next to Lobo as quality (and prices...)
    Laserworld is the cheapest Company I saw.
    Another seller, the spanish Cittadini (www.cittadinilaser.com) can offer you medium-high quality devices. Their prices is cheaper than the most famous Marks and you can choose if to order them a device which mount inside Canbrige galvos or "China" galvos. I've seen their excellent 2W RGB (output power measured at the galvo's exit!!!) whit a very nice purple gradation (coming from a deeper blue DPSS, next to violet). Prices?
    Less than HB and Lobo, surelly.

About Laserworld now.
    Mr. Martin Werner is friend of mine. We often speak by phone.
    Don't hesitate to e-mail him for to obtain his best offers or ask him what you are need for!!! He is a very available person!!!
    Contact him at mw@laserworld.com telling him that Stefano from Italy (this is my real name... Steve is my nickname) has given you his (Mr. Martin) address.
    Martin is a gentleman and a perfect businessman. Absolutely!

Laserworld scanset... my personal experience says (Remark: MY PERSONAL visual valutation, without any instrument):
    20 kpps = 10.000 guaranteed at 20° angle
    35 kpps = 15.000 guaranted at 35° angle
    45 kpps = 20.000 guaranted at 40° angle
    50 kpps = 25.000 guaranted at 40° angle.
    I repeat: these are my personal valutations. If you decrease angle (around 10-12°), you can obtain good frames and animation even if you have a 20 kpps only.
    PRO series has different powers available, up to 8W RGB.
    A good start could be PRO-600 RGB. Smaller model (PRO-400 RGB) could be insufficient if you have to use it inside room around 300 sq. meters. Better, for this case, to choose a RS-800 RGY.
    For more details take a look at www.laserworld.com
    At the end of all, Laserworld products well worth the price paid. Obviously you cannot have a Rolls Royce car with only few money!!!... If you want more, you have to spend more.
    If you want power, then choose a green high power, (or not less than 500-600 mW).
    If you want color, then choose not less than 600mw RGB
    If you want (like me) something nice but not so expansive, then choose RS-800 RGY.

Cheers.
    Steve (Stefano)
    Last edited by Steve Milani; 05-19-2008 at 05:59.

Hay Steve,
    i have a lot of work last few days so i haven`t time to reply.
    Summer season is start and now we will have really a lot of work.

I will try to contact citaddini laser but i think that laserworld will be OK.
    The big problem in business is when you buy expensive equipment you need a lot of time and work to bring back entered money.

I have talking with customers and in 90% is essential price.
    Unfortunately they doesn`t see difference between HB-laser and laserworld, maybe if you have one near other but that will be a very small % to happen.

I love work with light and I have now 15 SGM PALCO 5 units, 12 ROBE 575 AT moving head, 4 ROBE 1200 AT MH, Griven COLORADO 2500 2 units, 8 robe 575xt scanners and a lot of other equipment.

I very like SGM giotto 400 cym moving head, very nice look, good brightness but nobody doesn`t care so I have been forced to buy ROBE moving head which are OK and I can give a good price for it but in my heart is giotto.

I will probably buy laserworld pro series RGB laser about 2W and green 1W.

Do you think that will be OK???

How is reputation of SGM company in Italy(could you compare it with claypaky)???

BEST REGARDS from CROATIA, Tomy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Hi Tomy.
    I've seen all these lasers in action, at S.I.B. International in Rimini (Italy) last May 5th.
    You said right.
    Lobo are really very expansive, but its quality is higher.
    HB is very next to Lobo as quality (and prices...)
    Laserworld is the cheapest Company I saw.
    Another seller, the spanish Cittadini (www.cittadinilaser.com) can offer you medium-high quality devices. Their prices is cheaper than the most famous Marks and you can choose if to order them a device which mount inside Canbrige galvos or "China" galvos. I've seen their excellent 2W RGB (output power measured at the galvo's exit!!!) whit a very nice purple gradation (coming from a deeper blue DPSS, next to violet). Prices?
    Less than HB and Lobo, surelly.

About Laserworld now.
    Mr. Martin Werner is friend of mine. We often speak by phone.
    Don't hesitate to e-mail him for to obtain his best offers or ask him what you are need for!!! He is a very available person!!!
    Contact him at mw@laserworld.com telling him that Stefano from Italy (this is my real name... Steve is my nickname) has given you his (Mr. Martin) address.
    Martin is a gentleman and a perfect businessman. Absolutely!

Laserworld scanset... my personal experience says (Remark: MY PERSONAL visual valutation, without any instrument):
    20 kpps = 10.000 guaranteed at 20° angle
    35 kpps = 15.000 guaranted at 35° angle
    45 kpps = 20.000 guaranted at 40° angle
    50 kpps = 25.000 guaranted at 40° angle.
    I repeat: these are my personal valutations. If you decrease angle (around 10-12°), you can obtain good frames and animation even if you have a 20 kpps only.
    PRO series has different powers available, up to 8W RGB.
    A good start could be PRO-600 RGB. Smaller model (PRO-400 RGB) could be insufficient if you have to use it inside room around 300 sq. meters. Better, for this case, to choose a RS-800 RGY.
    For more details take a look at www.laserworld.com
    At the end of all, Laserworld products well worth the price paid. Obviously you cannot have a Rolls Royce car with only few money!!!... If you want more, you have to spend more.
    If you want power, then choose a green high power, (or not less than 500-600 mW).
    If you want color, then choose not less than 600mw RGB
    If you want (like me) something nice but not so expansive, then choose RS-800 RGY.

Cheers.
    Steve (Stefano)