Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2008 raffle for 200 mw CNI blue DPSS!

Exclamation

Hmmm... It's been a month now and no new raffle tickets have been sold. If we don't sell all 50 tickets, the raffle will be a bust and I'll have to refund everyone's money.

So far only 6 people have signed up for the raffle, and we've sold just 12 tickets. At this rate we'll never sell all 50 tickets before SELEM.

Remember that to be eligible for the raffle you simply need to register for SELEM (which you do buy buying an official SELEM shirt for $25.) Then you may purchase raffle tickets. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT AT SELEM TO WIN! (And yes, that means that members outside of the US can enter the raffle, so long as they're willing to support SELEM by purchasing a shirt...)

I'll give it another 3 weeks or so, but if we don't sell the rest of the tickets by then, I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the raffle and refund everyone's money.

Come on people! Take a chance! Sure would be great to see someone win a 200 mw CNI DPSS blue laser! Just think of all that lovely 473 nm goodness you'd be able to play with...

Adam

Hey Adam...

You could always open the raffle up to UK members

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Hi Jem;

Actually, there's nothing preventing the UK members from participating in the raffle... You just have to register for SELEM (by signing up for a shirt). You need not be present to win.

We did this to help increase the interest in SELEM. We actually counted on having a few people sign up for SELEM just so they could participate in the raffle. That way it would help us pay for the venue while increasing the participation in the raffle. And if someone won the laser even though they weren't at SELEM - at least they helped fund the event by purchasing a shirt.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out that way. So far we only have 1 person that bought a raffle ticket even though they won't be able to attend SELEM, and that's Stuka. He's being sent off to training that month, courtesy of the US Military, so he won't be able to attend SELEM. But he's still got a shot at the 200 mw DPSS blue laser!

So yeah, if you guys in the UK want to get in on the raffle, order a SELEM shirt and then start buying numbers! You don't have to be present at SELEM in order to win the laser.

Adam

Hell, i'll support you guys

I'm sending you $25 for a XL shirt and $15 for ticket number 22.

Don't know how the hell i'm going to get the shirt but don't worry about it

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hell, i'll support you guys

I'm sending you $25 for a XL shirt and $15 for ticket number 22.
    Cool deal. One thing though - raffle tickets are $30 each, not $15... (See above.)
    Don't know how the hell i'm going to get the shirt but don't worry about it
    We'll find a way to get it to you! If lots of people from the UK sign up we may just send a bunch of them at once. Otherwise we'll mail them individually.

Adam

Sorry Adam, my bad.

I've paypal'd you the other $15

Jem

Smile

No problem pal - we're cool. Ok, so you've got number 22 locked up!

Come on you guys - we've got lots of tickets left! Someone needs to win this laser...

Adam

Lightbulb

And I can't buy any more tickets...

Unhappy

Hmmm... The raffle doesn't seem to be nearly as popular as I had expected. It looks like we may have to cancel the raffle and refund everyone's money. If we don't sell all the tickets, we can't pay for the laser - thus no raffle.

I'll give it another week or so, but we're less than 50% of the way there at the moment.

Adam

Bummer -

That blue sure would go a long way toward nicely balancing my new RGB rig....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....